By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space, Super Mario, Sonic, Cuphead, Kojimas P.T. recreated in "Dreams"

You can create your own games, gameplay-stories and emotions in "Dreams".

edit: Dead Space, Super Mario, Sonic 3D, Cuphead..here are a few possibilities from the beta:

http://www.gamefront.de/archiv01-2019-gamefront/Dreams---Spiele-Demos-Dead-Space---Zelda---Sonic.html

Years ago, one demo inspired / fascinated the horror game P.T. (by Hideo Kojima) the world. Unfortunately, Konami delete the game and focused on smartphone and sports games. Konami wanted to keep all rights (Graphic-Engine, MGS, PT..). After that, Hideo Kojima founded his own studio and works with his team (Yoji Shinkawa, Norman Reedus ect) on "Death Stranding" for PS4. And now: One of the most innovative games of recent years -  "Dreams", the game brings you many possibilities and.. You can bring the PT-demo to life!

My question is: When is release ? This summer or later ??

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 23 January 2019

Around the Network

No surprise considering Dreams is a Creativity Engine. Great to see though. Looking forward to seeing levels from pretty much every major title in the history of gaming once it is released. Very interested to see what people do with stuff like Jak and Daxter, Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Concker, and so many others.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

While it is impressive, I have noticed some assets in that clip being spammed a bit here and there. I find the other demo's/clips others have made from their own P.T look-alike to looking that bit better.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

KBG29 said:
No surprise considering Dreams is a Creativity Engine. Great to see though. Looking forward to seeing levels from pretty much every major title in the history of gaming once it is released. Very interested to see what people do with stuff like Jak and Daxter, Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Concker, and so many others.

I am also very excited.

There are more new stuff here (Dead Space, Super Mario, ect): http://www.gamefront.de/archiv01-2019-gamefront/Dreams---Spiele-Demos-Dead-Space---Zelda---Sonic.html

I'd love to see Nintendo's comments on this

Around the Network
Chazore said:
While it is impressive, I have noticed some assets in that clip being spammed a bit here and there. I find the other demo's/clips others have made from their own P.T look-alike to looking that bit better.

Other demos and clips from Dreams too? Because Dreams right now is just a recent beta, you can't expect complete and perfect works when people are barely starting to try it out. It will get better.

Faelco said:

Other demos and clips from Dreams too? Because Dreams right now is just a recent beta, you can't expect complete and perfect works when people are barely starting to try it out. It will get better.

I've gandered at other clips from other copies of other existing games recently. I wouldn't lay claim to saying these are "masterworks", ahead of recent and pre-existing games, otherwise we'd have to give kudos to say, the UE Zelda fan remakes, but we know they've been given so little over the years. The current Zelda fan made "dream" for example looks almost like a Zelda game, but mixed with a platformer. 

Besides, it getting better is a matter of taste in quality. This is after all, a game designed to make mere dreams, not fully fledged games you can buy on your own, that rival the quality of other entire dev teams, writers and artists. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

2D platformers are some of the easiest to make game types.
Once this launches there will be a ton of super mario like attempts made.

Chazore said:

I agree. But this is due to the fact that these levels are made in mere hours while those others from Unreal and Unity are made in weeks and months.

Is a Legend of Dragoon Remake possible? lol