By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 22nd December 2018, Software

Amnesia said:
Supermario28 said:

Nice graph, I didn't think Smash would do better than RDRII in the first weeks. Too bad SSBU is going to be crushed between week 4 and 10, being out of the holiday season.

No, I think that SSBU will beat the other by a good margin from week 4 to 7.

I highly doubt smash will average 750k or more in the 4 weeks to come.

I can agree that week 4 and 5 can be a close call beacause japan numbers are pretty good, but after that i really don't see it happening.

Hope numbers will proove me wrong though :)

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
What was tbones bet about Smash in December? I know, his bet includes digital, but we could see how close he is.

From memory I think it was 15mil (perhaps using shipments numbers when Nintendo provides it) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Super Mario Party is probably the only party games this gen that will sell that much!
The ads I have seen makes you really want to play it with friends and family.
Hopefully in the next direct they can add free dlcs for it. Like a new map and new character

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Damn, Spyro has been doing really good.

Jranation said:
Mnementh said:
What was tbones bet about Smash in December? I know, his bet includes digital, but we could see how close he is.

From memory I think it was 15mil (perhaps using shipments numbers when Nintendo provides it) 

Thanks. Yeah, he usually bases this on Nintendos shipment numbers. So another million next week and a million more in yet unsold shipments (it isn't said that all shipped copies even had the time to reach the shelfs) and we look at about 10M physical. With digital it will be at 12-13M. So it falls short of his prediction, but is surprisingly close in the end.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Amnesia said:
Clank said:

hmm week 4 and 5 it did pretty well in Japan but idk about following ones..

The 4th week in Japan was 253,977 units. We can have a 1M+ worldwide on the 4th week of SSBU.

Yea something like 250K japan, 350 - 400k US, 200K EU, 100k ROTW but not idea

Pokemon combined would be at the #3 spot. That sounds about right for the holidays:

1. Smash Bros.
2. RDR2
3. Pokemon
4. CoD
5. Mario Kart