By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you kill baby Hitler?

Would you kill baby Hitler?

Yes 17 16.35%

No 87 83.65%

Total:104

I would not kill baby Hitler. Regardless of whether WW2 was not preventable.

Around the Network

I love these scenarios that are "what if scenarios". I mean,if I could avoid the holocaust I would make sure I did that. But then, who knows what else may have happened, perhaps something worse. Killing is never justified, but that doesn't stop people who are seen as "Good" to be praised from doing it. The people that protect your country often have to kill innocent children, just because they feel that they're protecting you.

Because of the amount of variables that could change if you could kill him, I would have to say no, but if I could control the variables I'd say definitely yes. The obvious answer is, no I would make sure he's brought up differently and hope that works out. But eh, who the hell knows. One thing is for sure, there could have been an outcome much better than what ended up happening. Or possibly worse...man fuck it.

FentonCrackshell said:
Tough thing to discuss. The first time I had this discussion was with a guy online who said he’s fully pro-life. Except for when it came to black babies and baby Hitler (which he put into the same category).

The 2nd time I had this discussion was with another guy who said he’d go back and kill baby Hitler to stop the slaughter of Jews but said he wouldn’t go back to and prevent the slave trade. Never understood why he’d stop one atrocity but not the other.

Anyway, seems pro-life comes with an asterisk. I’ve always said everyone is pro-choice; choose to keep the baby or choose to abort.

Wow, hating jews and black people used to go hand in hand lol.

Interesting persons here haha.

NO.

1. Worst evil could have come
2. More people could have die
3. You may not be alive today

No. WW2 didn't happen just because of Hitler. It would have happened anyway. Maybe it would have been different. But it takes more to prevent a war than killing a single person, let alone a baby.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

No, baby-murder no matter who it is, is wrong

edit: Change the circumstances around what happened instead. Hitler might be dead, but Germany would still be in a mega-depression with poor leadership just leading the way for another person to take Hitler's place

Last edited by melbye - on 20 January 2019

No, i would'nt ruin the greatest thing that has happened to germany

If Command & Conquer has taught me anything, its that killing Hitler doesn't make things better.

I doubt Hitler would be replaced by something worse. If anything, he’d be replaced by someone less capable than him and such a person could succeed or fail.

Main reason for NOT killing baby Hitler is that I am not a killer. I would not kill for any reason (other than protecting myself or my loved ones from a DIRECT threat or in order to save our lives). I would not kill to save strangers of the past the same way I am not killing to save strangers of today. It is selfish, I know. But that is who I am.

I imagine someone who lost a loved one due to Hitler’s actions (either through the Holocaust or WW2) would no doubt have zero hesitation, however.

People turning this into a moral question about killing babies completely miss the point of the question.

The question, IMO, has to deal more with how time works.

The case for “No” - A) Moot because time travel is impossible. B) In the case it were possible, if it would effectively create a new universe and destroy the old one, along with billions from future generations - including most, if not all of us.

The case for “Yes” - If through some quirk of the timeline all the people who were born in ours still managed to be born (except Hitler) and maintained the same relationships as today (whether it be in parallel universe or our own)? Then the answer is yes. A universe where the sheep of the early 20th century followed someone else would undoubtedly be better for all Europe.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 20 January 2019

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.