By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Would you kill baby Hitler?

Would you kill baby Hitler?

Yes 17 16.35%

No 87 83.65%

Total:104

There's just so many other options. In this scenario, you obviously have a time machine. Use your fucking imagination. Punch his mom in the gut shortly into the pregnancy. Still too violent? Prevent his parents from falling in love in the first place. Don't want to interfere with love? Kidnap baby Hitler and raise him yourself, making sure he becomes an artist instead, since he was pretty close to becoming one and pretty talented. Don't want to kidnap or hurt the parents feelings? Leave him with his parents, forget about baby Hitler altogether, and go visit teen Hitler, helping him to pass the exam into the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna. Or if he couldn't for some reason, just go into the records and change his grades so he passes. He might still fail out later, but his life course would likely be altered enough by that point that he wouldn't become a dictator. Or you could help him get into the academy's School of Architecture, which was also a narrowly missed possibility. Or you could do what was necessary to make sure he stayed in secondary school, which would have ensured that he got into architecture school, as that was the reason he couldn't. In all these scenarios, you save not only Hitler's life, not only the life of the Jews killed in the Holocaust, but also Hitler's humanity. Hitler ultimately became a monster, but he didn't have to. He might have always been bigoted, but so are millions of other people around the world, especially at the time. Give any of those bigots the power Hitler had, and you might still have a Holocaust. Some people aren't rotten to the core until power corrupts them. Even if WWII still happened some other way, there's a decent chance it would have been less devastating for the Jews without Hitler's leadership and charisma convincing an entire nation to put aside their better moral judgement and embrace xenophobic fear. In this new reality, Hitler himself might have decided on a different worldview regarding race and ethnicity, once the tensions and turmoil of the times subsided.

That said, if instead of a time machine, you gave me a button that would kill baby Hitler from the present, and thus that was my only option, I'd call the designer of the button an asshole for not designing a better button, but probably would push it in order to save all those lives, even if doing so would erase my own life by altering history.

Around the Network

No because what if something worse happens in has absence. The Nazis would still exist without Hitler so what if we ended up with someone who was just as charismatic and popular but was actually a good military strategist that managed to take Britain and Russia. I feel like if you really want to change history for the better you'd go and kill the founding members of the Nazi party or convince the allies to be less harsh on Germany after wwi or just prevent wwi entirely

Last edited by collint0101 - on 19 January 2019

collint0101 said:

No because what if something worse happens in has absence. The Nazis would still exist without Hitler so what if we ended up with someone who was just as charismatic and popular but was actually a good military strategist that managed to take Britain and Russia 

They might exist, but would be very different. And Hitler was a good strategist, and had good strategists working under him, he just made some fatal mistakes. If you have a time machine, you could prevent his birth instead of killing him, or alter his life course so he doesn't become dictator. Sure, something worse could happen in his absence, but you have a time machine, so you could stop that too, and keep stopping things until you get a better outcome. You likely wouldn't stop some kind of war from happening, but it might be less devastating, and without Hitler's unique charisma and worldview, you might not have had a Holocaust, even if there was a world war.

collint0101 said:

No because what if something worse happens in has absence. The Nazis would still exist without Hitler so what if we ended up with someone who was just as charismatic and popular but was actually a good military strategist that managed to take Britain and Russia. I feel like if you really want to change history for the better you'd go and kill the founding members of the Nazi party or convince the allies to be less harsh on Germany after wwi or just prevent wwi entirely

Got you before your edit, but your point is basically the same as mine, try a different course of action instead of killing him. I'd say you wouldn't even have to kill the Nazi founders, as you could do similar things to them to make them better people as you did to Hitler.

If you have the power to go back in time there are countless of other, much better options for stopping Hitler. And quite frankly I think going back in time to make sure that Germany doesn't get completely raped in the Treaty of Versailles would be a whole lot more effective, as the consequences of that treaty was a major factor in the rise of the nazi party and the following events.

Around the Network

He is responsible for 6 MILLION DEATHS.  The genocide of the Jewish population.  YES YOU KILL HIM AS A CHILD IF YOU HAVE A DELORIAN WITH A FLUX CAPACITOR.  

No, there are too many variant possibilities, some even very possible. If Hitler didn't kill those people, than we might have had something worse. Heck Hitler might have killed Hitler x 10. Without Hitler or the Nazi Party or WW2 we might have had WW2 during the nuclear era with 100 nukes shot through the air. Without Hitler, Communism under Stalin and Mao might have been stronger, and they had their own share of atrocities. Without Hitler and WW2 press coverage, we wouldn't know how to prevent atrocities like that today. Human rights and warfare changed forever after WW2 because of how terrible of a person Hitler and the Nazi Party was.

dgboweniii said:

He is responsible for 6 MILLION DEATHS.  The genocide of the Jewish population.  YES YOU KILL HIM AS A CHILD IF YOU HAVE A DELORIAN WITH A FLUX CAPACITOR.  

On the other hand, the advent of egalitarianism, the decline of eugenics, decolonization, among other things, came into fruition thanks in great part to Nazi Germany's intentions. I'm in no way advocating for the regime, but for better or worse, the legacy of Hitler and his party cannot be understated. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Tough thing to discuss. The first time I had this discussion was with a guy online who said he’s fully pro-life. Except for when it came to black babies and baby Hitler (which he put into the same category).

The 2nd time I had this discussion was with another guy who said he’d go back and kill baby Hitler to stop the slaughter of Jews but said he wouldn’t go back to and prevent the slave trade. Never understood why he’d stop one atrocity but not the other.

Anyway, seems pro-life comes with an asterisk. I’ve always said everyone is pro-choice; choose to keep the baby or choose to abort.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Well, if I knew I wouldn't go to jail or be punished, I'll consider it. 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem