By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analysts increasingly believe that Nintendo's goal to sell 20m Switch units this FY is realistic

How sales in November and December hugly raise compared to same period of last year, Nintendo gaol of 20m is more and more realistic.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 16 January 2019

Around the Network

Good to see!

I guess we'll know for sure in 2 weeks with Nintendos IR report and meeting, but that makes it more and more probable

Again, it's shipments, not sales. Nintendo's shipments are not constrained by sales, they're constrained by production. Basically, since launch, they have shipped all their production because the danger of retailers is not being unable to sell their stock, but not having enough stock.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Again, it's shipments, not sales. Nintendo's shipments are not constrained by sales, they're constrained by production. Basically, since launch, they have shipped all their production because the danger of retailers is not being unable to sell their stock, but not having enough stock.

This is a gross oversimplification.   The system is successful but that does not mean they can endlessly stuff the channels.  Eventually such a practice will result in a pronounced slump in shipments.  And by eventually I mean within a quarter.  If 20 mil was only production, they would not have gone into the holidays so far from their goal that people doubted it.  Nintendo easily could manufacture far more than was shipped in FY Q1 and Q2.  But they wouldn't have shipped that surplus because stores/suppliers WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THEM

I never doubted it. I mean... since we knew that both Pokémon and Smash Bros. were coming for christmas, I was surprised by how almost everyone on this site thought 20 mil was impossible. It's Pokémon and Smash, two of the biggest franchises in videogame history. If there are games that makes people buy a console... its these two. Not one megaton. TWO MEGATONS. Add New Super Mario Bros. U in January to the mix and it's almost guaranteed that they will reach 20m or even surpass that number.

Around the Network

Shares already jumped by 11% since I have bought some on Dec 21th. :)

Never underestimate Nintendo!

Nope, I haven't been in VGC seeing analysts being wrong more than being right to take this one as being the first.
But we will be with eyes open waiting to see they reaching it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

#believe

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

It's going to be close. They'd need an 11 million Q3 and a 4 million Q4. I think the likelier split is 10m Q3 and 4m Q4 for just over 19m shipped for the financial year, which is still a great result.