Forums - Gaming Discussion - *Surprise!* EA Cancels Open World Star Wars Game

Before EA we basically got a new Star Wars game every year, since EA signed the deal with Disney we have gotten like 3 star wars games (Battlefront 1 & 2, and a Lego game that isn't even EA's). This sucks, right now all we are looking at is Respawns Star Wars title coming soon (It should be good), and possibly a Battlefront 3, although that series could be cursed to never have a 3rd entry since BF2 (2017) was a disaster in sales and to the fans.

Around the Network

Disney just ought to see if there's some kind of out on their contract with EA, because EA is just EA-ing the hell out of Star Wars games right now. Maybe they ought to just re-establish LucasArts and do everything in-house instead of opting to go with some third-party, because honestly Activision, Ubisoft, or WB wouldn't be any better. Maybe Bethesda could work. But too many major third parties are just colossal fuckery factories.

The sooner EA goes bust, the better for all the IP's that have been held hostage by this greedy company. Sadly though, this won't happen due to the high sales of Fifa and Madden. I've heard that most of these shady business practises are due to their CEO Andrew Wilson. Maybe EA will improve if they replace their CEO? I highly doubt it though.

They couldn't make the open world big enough to fit all their loot boxes. Shame, the technology just isn't there yet.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

How is it that one company as big as EA can fail so spectacularly at making Star Wars games? Well, at least that will teach Disney to not give full control of such a big IP to a sketchy publisher.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure they would have better games of Star Wars if they had done like Marvel and asked Sony to dedicate a dev or oversee the game on a second party studio.

And mind you I'm not suggesting SW exclusive to PS4. I'm saying they could allow use of the IP for one game on a Sony studio, with no constrain on they doing same for Nintendo and MS.

We didn't had much problems during SNES with two different companies developing titles like Lion King for SNES and Genesis and releasing close together.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 16 January 2019

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Of course they did, and i have no faith that Disney will do what is right and take away the license

Nothing to see here, move along

Remove EAs license. Resurrect Lucasarts. Bring back the old model.

Darwinianevolution said:
How is it that one company as big as EA can fail so spectacularly at making Star Wars games? Well, at least that will teach Disney to not give full control of such a big IP to a sketchy publisher.

They shouldn't have closed Lucasfilm Games, then they could make them themselves now.

melbye said:
Of course they did, and i have no faith that Disney will do what is right and take away the license

If they take the IP away, then they'll probably give it to another one, probably Activision or Take 2