By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *Surprise!* EA Cancels Open World Star Wars Game

Breaking news from Kotaku:

https://kotaku.com/ea-cancels-open-world-star-wars-game-1831786371

EA is just the worst!

Around the Network

Is this the Viseral game that got transferred to EA Vancouver?

Though anyways, EA gonna EA. Pretty sad we're more than halfway through the Star Wars/EA deal, yet they havent been able a single quality star wars game so far.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

EA gonna EA

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

cycycychris said:

It'll amaze me if Disney renews with EA when there contract ends. All we've gotten so far is 2 battlefront games filed with controversy. Now we have this one canceled.

Signing up with one publisher IN GENERAL is such a confusing decision to make anyways. Not to sound like a hippie, but there just seems to be way more potential with licensing out the property to multiple capable companies. More games, more titles, more of a chance for greater profit and quality. Of course licensing it out to too many people could be a problem, but still.

I'll be glad when a more interesting company takes the Star Wars games into their hands.

Star Wars in a sony first party studio it would be interesting. Come on Disney!

Around the Network
twintail said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Signing up with one publisher IN GENERAL is such a confusing decision to make anyways. Not to sound like a hippie, but there just seems to be way more potential with licensing out the property to multiple capable companies. More games, more titles, more of a chance for greater profit and quality. Of course licensing it out to too many people could be a problem, but still.

I'll be glad when a more interesting company takes the Star Wars games into their hands.

I dont think going with EA exclusively was an inherently bad idea, but on hindsight it sure has been.

Though I do wonder if Disney is involved in some way... like they have more creative control that is derailing some aspects of the project. its not like Disney seems upset

Supposedly the CEO of Disney called EA during the Battlefront 2 debacle to tell them to get their shit together. 

Supposedly. 

twintail said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I dont think going with EA exclusively was an inherently bad idea, but on hindsight it sure has been.

Yeah mind you I'm not usually the kind of guy that just puts down anything made by a big notorious publisher. I don't think it's *inherently* a bad idea. Just not what I would have preferred :) multiple companies taking a crack at it (though with restrictions ofc) was the best thing I think. Though hindsight is 2020 

God I feel so bad for the Star Wars IP. It get's stuck with Disney, one of the biggest money-whore companies ever to exist, and on the games side it get's stuck with EA, which is fucking EA.
RIP good Star Wars content

Was this the reason why Amy Hennig left the studio? I meaning because of EA?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Psst, Disney, go talk to Nintendo...

What? Come on, you know a Retro Studios Star Wars game would be the hypest fucking thing since Metroid Prime. Cancel that dumb Star Fox racing game that's obviously going nowhere and make an open world Star Wars game that'll make Mass Effect blush.

Edit: Come to think of it, even if Disney doesn't talk to you, Nintendo, cancel the Star Fox racing game and have them make the game I just described, but with Star Fox instead, since Disney's too stupid to do it with Star Wars. Han Solo was a smuggler, Boba Fett was a bounty hunter, the Star Fox team in a game like this would basically be a cross between the two, mercenaries for hire.

Last edited by HylianSwordsman - on 15 January 2019