By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anthem Won't have loot boxes!!!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

Oh ya I know and good guy Sony are doing exactly like you said so I can't disagree with you there. Very valid point. But I can't hold it against a company like EA having cosmetic means to make money if it means we get the actual game content for free. That's an awesome tradeoff.

Battlefront 2 how it launched is the definition of how how not to do it. BF2 now is absolutely perfect. If they launched it with the current system there would have been no backlash and it would have sold millions more. They might even be known as good guy EA but that term is held for a select few who consistently do it right. 

Yeah, and others are doing it besides Sony. 

I can hold it against them, because there is a fine point between making money and just pure greed. I know fully well that being greedy is looked down upon by society. Those that do not look down upon it are also greedy themselves.

Before all this, we used to get said "free" content within the base game, or even follow up expansions, content we could unlock within the game, either via secret areas, codes or challenges. Back then that was something else and awesome in it's own right, but paying to "unlock" what we could unlock back then for free?, hell no, that's not awesome. 

BF2 and many games have proven that it's not a viable model to make use of, not when you;'re clearly asking for a lot of money up front. This is why the model has thrived and worked far better with F2P games than it has for fully paid £55-70+ games (The mobile market proves this).

Why would they be known as "good guy" EA, for asking and basking in pure greed?. That's like a twisted way of looking at simply making a good game and reaping in the rewards of making said game, rather than trying to deliberately milk me for everything I own. 

It's quite simple. Launch base game for $60. Now provide all future developed game content DLC like maps and expansions for free. To fund this continued support charge for cosmetic items that don't give an advantage. I always LOL because often times these cosmetic items provide you with a disadvantage. 

I always call fortnite P2L. Pay to lose. For example that space suit with the orange lights you could see a mile away but someone in the default skin would be much harder to notice therefore giving those that don't pay an advantage. if people want to help fund games by buying cosmetics then I'm all for it. It's a BEAUTIFUL formula. 

Kerotan said:

It's quite simple. Launch base game for $60. Now provide all future developed game content DLC like maps and expansions for free. To fund this continued support charge for cosmetic items that don't give an advantage. I always LOL because often times these cosmetic items provide you with a disadvantage. 

I always call fortnite P2L. Pay to lose. For example that space suit with the orange lights you could see a mile away but someone in the default skin would be much harder to notice therefore giving those that don't pay an advantage. if people want to help fund games by buying cosmetics then I'm all for it. It's a BEAUTIFUL formula. 

It's not that it's simple, it's that it's greedy.

Just a decade and a half ago, we had games coming to us for full price, filled with content that didn't cost extra. Now fast forward to today and we're getting charged for the likes of a sodding red dot sight.

You fund the company by buying the games, like you support any business by buying the products, not buying the MT's.

Back a decade and a half ago, we were able to unlock these for free, via multiple methods, the way it should be. 

I call FN a scam, because it only took a few weeks to cobble together their BR mode, offered in part by Tencent, rather than carrying on with their original vision, they instead chose to market to the normies, people who aren't very self aware of their out of control spending habits (again, proven by the mobile market, as well as mobile market transaction accounts).

It's a DISGUSTING and vile formula.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

One of the few games that actually SHOULD have lootboxes. That way, when it inevitably fails, they can't blame it on not having enough lootboxes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

John2290 said:
I think they are making all the right moves here and if it turns out to be a decent game at least I'll buy it dispite my boyvott of EA (also actiBlzz and Ubisoft) and show that this is how you do business and respect your consumers. If they flick a switch later on and turn on MT's ot other nonsense then It'll just compound my boycott.

Just stick to it Johnny. Don't cave as soon as they jingle keys in your face. Come, let us together, help them to whither and die. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

It's not that it's simple, it's that it's greedy.

Just a decade and a half ago, we had games coming to us for full price, filled with content that didn't cost extra. Now fast forward to today and we're getting charged for the likes of a sodding red dot sight.

You fund the company by buying the games, like you support any business by buying the products, not buying the MT's.

Back a decade and a half ago, we were able to unlock these for free, via multiple methods, the way it should be. 

I call FN a scam, because it only took a few weeks to cobble together their BR mode, offered in part by Tencent, rather than carrying on with their original vision, they instead chose to market to the normies, people who aren't very self aware of their out of control spending habits (again, proven by the mobile market, as well as mobile market transaction accounts).

It's a DISGUSTING and vile formula.

With all due respect I say bollox. A decade ago we had games like cod4, world at war and mw3 or even bf3 not long after. Full priced games that charged a hefty price for their expansions or season pass. Fuck that. I want free post launch dlc and they can fund that however the fuck they want as long as it doesn't affect my ability to win or enjoy the game. I couldn't give a bollox about cosmetics. 

Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:

Well, if they just wanna imitate free-to-play models because it makes them a ton of cash, I think this would be fair if they made their "AAA" games free-to-play as well. There's no point in buying a broken piece when they could just go all in with it and not be shackled by this dumb prenium model that satisfy nobodies but their investors.

It wouldn't change the fact they would probably insert their gambling adictive mechanic as well but at least you don't have to get fisted from the start before getting fingered multiple times later :P

Very rarely does it make a ton of cash. Fortnite is the exception rather then the rule. It would be financial suicide to make AAA games with huge budgets in the hope their cosmetic transactions take off on a mega level.

If you've a problem paying $60 for a AAA game like battlefront 2 hold off a month like I did and get it half price. If that's true hold off a year. A year after launch on ps4 it was only $7. Pennies especially when you consider the amount of free support it's still due to get. 

Good news about loot boxes, bad news that the game still appears very uninteresting in and on itself, many previews seem to suggest the same.

Good!

EAt a duck...

Hunting Season is done...