By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anthem Won't have loot boxes!!!

It’s an online focused title. All publishers are putting microtransactions into these types of games lately, even Sony and Microsoft. I’m expecting all sorts of shitty cosmetic DLC and microtransactions, even if there aren’t lootboxes.

The only questions will be what kind of expansion DLC we will see. Will it be like Destiny, where the base game has little content and they intend to nickel and dime customers for more content over the following months. Will any of the DLC offer a significant advantage over others whenever PvP eventually comes out? And will players who abstain from microtransactions and DLC be punished in any way? For example in Destiny you lost out on weekly playlists and your XP was slower.

I think we’re a ways off before consumers offer enough pushback against microtransactions that we see the scummiest of them disappear. And even then, pubs will likely find another way to get that extra $10-20 from you.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

With all due respect I say bollox. A decade ago we had games like cod4, world at war and mw3 or even bf3 not long after. Full priced games that charged a hefty price for their expansions or season pass. Fuck that. I want free post launch dlc and they can fund that however the fuck they want as long as it doesn't affect my ability to win or enjoy the game. I couldn't give a bollox about cosmetics. 

Yes, they charged for what was supposed to be seen as "expansions". But they weren't "micro", so they were not exactly the same.

I want free post launch DLC, the way it was supposed to be years ago, which we got via patches, you know, on PC we got those, but on consoles you guys had to pay up for that sort of stuff.

Acting like EA, Acti and all the other massive publishers are poor and homeless is asinine and willfully ignorant. They don't need that extra dosh. They already have freaking billions of dollars to go around.

I give a fuck about them, as to many others, hence the constant backlash. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"