By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December NPD 2018 thread

Madword said:
Frank_kc said:
No leaks yet.... the only thing we know so far from benji is that NS numbers are below 2 Million... contrary to what many NS fans predicted. .

Im confused up until recently he was saying NS was 2m easy and was saying it could go as high as 2.5m

Anyone got a link to his post?

s

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Well let's see by how much Switch have outsold PS4 and X1, perhaps even combined.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Madword said:
Frank_kc said:
No leaks yet.... the only thing we know so far from benji is that NS numbers are below 2 Million... contrary to what many NS fans predicted. .

Im confused up until recently he was saying NS was 2m easy and was saying it could go as high as 2.5m

Sorry i messed up. There was also some text saying that would be him dodging angry comments on twitter and reset IF Switch was under 2m. For some reason the text didn't come out on my post. I could try and copy the page of the thread if you like.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Marth said:
Madword said:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/december-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-january-15th.91880/page-18#post-16985220

Thanks, Yeah that makes a lot more sense now :D

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I still believe that the PS4 outsold the Xbox and I believe that it sold closer to the Switch than has been speculated so far. I do not believe that the switch sold more than PS4+Xbox combined. I think Benji has a pulse on sales but I don't think he has the entire picture. Also, if holiday sales were down at gamestop per Benji's post at 6.1%

This indicates that HW for December of 2018 may infact be less than hardware for December 2017. There is simply no way that the Switch could be past 2 million.
And if it did, and HW was around the same 4.5 million sales, there would be more sales coming from ps4 and xbox one combined. 3DS has tanked YoY.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
I still believe that the PS4 outsold the Xbox and I believe that it sold closer to the Switch than has been speculated so far. I do not believe that the switch sold more than PS4+Xbox combined. I think Benji has a pulse on sales but I don't think he has the entire picture. Also, if holiday sales were down at gamestop per Benji's post at 6.1%

This indicates that HW for December of 2018 may infact be less than hardware for December 2017. There is simply no way that the Switch could be past 2 million.
And if it did, and HW was around the same 4.5 million sales, there would be more sales coming from ps4 and xbox one combined. 3DS has tanked YoY.

Benji has access to sales data. What do you base your prediction on?

Resetera appears to have crashed. Could this be the result of someone posting the numbers?

CosmicSex said:

So you think PS4 will be up YoY, by a good chunk? Would you care to explain why, with no deals, that it would be up YoY?

peachbuggy said:
Resetera appears to have crashed. Could this be the result of someone posting the numbers?

That would be hilarious, I hope someone grabbed a screenshot if that did happen. 

Yes i cant Access resetera. Lets Hope that the Numbers are Out.