By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December NPD 2018 thread

PotentHerbs said:
Honestly, NS numbers are pretty underwhelming, I expected 2 Million+ based on the consensus on here!

How does this line up with Nintendo's 20 Million FY prediction? Can they make it?

Best month for a console in 8 years is underwhelming?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:

Chart time!

The Switch's performance was the best of any system this generation (including the 3DS). The last time a system sold more units in a single month was the 360's performance in Dec. 2011.

More charts, including quarterly and yearly ones, will arrive later on today.

"The Switch's performance was the best of any system this generation (including the 3DS). The last time a system sold more units in a single month was the 360's performance in Dec. 2011." 

Wow, people keep saying that switch's numbers are underwhelming? Switch is kicking asses! People should not have underestimated it and don't forget that 2019 will be the strongest year of the console since its launch 

zorg1000 said:
LTD
PS4: ~28.4M
XB1: ~24.5M
NSW: ~10.5M

3 30m+ consoles incoming. Possibly even 35m.

Shadow1980 said:

Chart time!

The Switch's performance was the best of any system this generation (including the 3DS). The last time a system sold more units in a single month was the 360's performance in Dec. 2011.

More charts, including quarterly and yearly ones, will arrive later on today.

2018 December weekly are missing for PS4 and XBO.

zorg1000 said:
PotentHerbs said:
Honestly, NS numbers are pretty underwhelming, I expected 2 Million+ based on the consensus on here!

How does this line up with Nintendo's 20 Million FY prediction? Can they make it?

Compared to the consensus on here, yes.

How does NS best December compare to Sony + MS best December anyway? Does Switch's 2018 December beat PS4's best November where they have their biggest releases/ deals? For context, Nintendo released a massive game in December, which is historically a month that doesn't have major AAA releases. 

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
zorg1000 said:

How does NS best December compare to Sony + MS best December anyway? Does Switch's 2018 December beat PS4's best November where they have their biggest releases/ deals? For context, Nintendo released a massive game in December, which is historically a month that doesn't have major AAA releases. 

Did you miss the part that you quoted where it says Best Month for a console in 8 years?

PotentHerbs said:
zorg1000 said:

I didnt say best December, I said best MONTH in 8 years. It beat any month that PS4 or XBO ever had.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
PotentHerbs said:

I didnt say best December, I said best MONTH in 8 years. It beat any month that PS4 or XBO ever had.

Welp, that slipped my mind. 

Good for Nintendo that NS had the best month for hardware since 2010. They have destroyed expectations coming into this generation.

Lets not pretend it didn't under perform compared to predictions.

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 22 January 2019

colafitte said:
MasonADC said:

What was 2014 numbers? Because there is no way that the PS4 does 16 million this year

USA will be down more than people expect imo 

No way huh??. I'm pretty sure it can do it. People expecting ps4 disappearing and selling much less in 2019 has not been paying attention to ps4 this gen at all. 

What big game is going to sell the ps4? No fortnite, GOW, Spider-Man. The last big game is TLOU, and we aren’t even sure if it is launching only on ps4. 16 million is not happening imo