By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wolfenstein is incredible.

I bought the complete edition for just $19 on the black Friday sale. Currently playing it on my ps4 Pro in 1080p and it runs beautifully. So the technical side is sound. 

I'm about 60/70% through it I'd guess. It's just blown my mind some of the things that have happened and it's very rare a game gives me that feeling. The gameplay side of things are brilliant and the graphics are decent. But the real winner here is the story.

I played the new order and it's expansion the old blood back on the ps4 original a few years back so I'm attached to the characters. They do such an awesome job with the whole thing.

I can't go into details because I'll spoil it but I'd recommend everyone who likes shooters with a good story behind it to buy this. Currently on sale for €25 on ps4 and the complete edition is €35. You won't regret it. 

Around the Network

Yeah, I got it on Switch and really enjoyed it. It is a shame the game failed to light the world on fire, because it really is a solid game through and through. Without spoiling anything though, I felt like it totally pulled a Halo 2 at the end. Looking forward to the next game and hope it does better sales wise across all platforms.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Its a good game, story was well above average.

It got a bit tedious but many games suffer from that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm not interested in the story in most games (Red Dead 2 is the first game where I really enjoyed the story). I thought Wolfenstein was ok but I'm much more of a Doom fan.

Agreed. One of the best shooters going around. Dlc is just more of the same though. Worth it for that price though.

Around the Network

I liked the old wolfenstein way more. Up to the 2009 one. After new order it was just stupid and overexaggerated

Gameplay and graphic wise is a great game. Story was not that good. Some characters seemed to have literally no reason to be that important. Like... that black afro lady. It suddenly becomes the leader of the rebellion despite having been on screen for 5 minutes and literally NOBODY at the ship knows nothing about her. After Caroline death, Fergus/Wyatt should have been in charge.

graphics wise, the one from 2014 looks quite dated. The latest one is semi decent (I've got shots from my end that show this), but both were good games from a gameplay pov. Story wise, I'd say both are a bit of a letdown, mostly due to either predictable writing, or lacking depth, both for characters and it's universe.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
graphics wise, the one from 2014 looks quite dated. The latest one is semi decent (I've got shots from my end that show this), but both were good games from a gameplay pov. Story wise, I'd say both are a bit of a letdown, mostly due to either predictable writing, or lacking depth, both for characters and it's universe.

The first one had a pretty amazing intro though. A D-Day scenario where you have to go through the beach and then climb onto the fortress walls. And then your friends get trapped and die! The whole hospital part was cool too.   The hospital part was cool! 

Unfortunately, I sold my PS4 copy and when I bought it on PC it had a lot of performance issues ... the rain level was so glitchy for some reason that I could just not play it. Despite having a GTX 970 it went down to 25-30 frames on that level. 

So I've never finished the game and didn't get the 2nd.  

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Chazore said:

The first one had a pretty amazing intro though. A D-Day scenario where you have to go through the beach and then climb onto the fortress walls. And then your friends get trapped and die! The whole hospital part was cool too.   The hospital part was cool! 

Unfortunately, I sold my PS4 copy and when I bought it on PC it had a lot of performance issues ... the rain level was so glitchy for some reason that I could just not play it. Despite having a GTX 970 it went down to 25-30 frames on that level. 

So I've never finished the game and didn't get the 2nd.  

It was, but at the same time, it falls into that kind of Alternate "what if" trope, as well as the general imagining of how D-Day has/would go.

The previous Wolfenstein definitely suffered performance issues, especially on PC. I remember having to open the console command, to edit some lines, in order to get the game running semi stable. The game was hardly any good at supporting past 60fps, and even at the 60fps lock there were constant stutters all around. TNO runs better, still has some hitching though, and some really ugly ass textures/shadow work here and there. Again, they seem so largely interested in their megatextures, like we once saw with RAGE and then DOOM. I still firmly believe that we're not ready for them yet, because they clearly aren't being utilized properly, and end up looking ugly as sin in some areas.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"