By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SSB Ultimate: Lackluster Single Player Modes?

Do you feel Single Player Modes are lacking?

Yes 7 22.58%

No 24 77.42%

Didn't notice a change 0 0%

Total:31

As far as some of the extra event modes like break the targets, if they are going to keep being terrible like after Melee, I don't really want them back.

Classic mode is definitely the best we got so far, if for the next games we get smaller rosters, I would like them to focus on making more boss fights, maybe one or two per franchise if possible, because this has a lot of potential, specially for some odd omission given models of the likes of Metal Face and Black Knight being already there to use.

And personally, World of Light is everything I wanted it to be, I loved every second of it, I have no complains, all the special maps, the nods and references, the spirits and their fights, the final battle, I just enjoyed it so much.

And I'm quite fine with the spirits, I'm 100% sure if we still had trophies, Sagi, Milly, Style Savvy and the like would be left without one, so I'm cool with jpegs since it means it can tap on a ton more gaming history and the more obscure games. I was so happy when I saw Circle of the Moon spirits for Castlevania.

So in general, it may not have as many modes, but is pretty much the most consistent fun I had with Smash Bros. so that is better in my eyes.

Around the Network

After 30 hours of World of Light, completing all the characters' journeys through the best Classic Mode in the series, plus the countless hours I spent on the Spirit Board trying to get all the spirits I can? Hell no.
I easily spent more time with Ultimate's Single Player content than Melee and Brawl.

Where was this thread when Smash 4 was released? That was the game that had lackluster single player content. Smash Tour and Master/Crazy Orders were definitely not my cup of tea. Classic Mode was also a disappointment.

As for Ultimate, The omission of Stadium Mode is unfortunate, but everything else is fantastic. I clocked nearly 30 hours in World of Light, and each character having their own route in Classic Mode (which is the best version in the series, imo) is awesome.

When something like Subspace Emissary Mode comes back to Smash, so will I.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Haven’t completed it yet, but I like the World of Light mode.

Around the Network

I got bored of Smash 4 after a few days, I've been playing Smash Ultimate every day for the past 3 weeks. Safe to say which I prefer :P

Have to respectfully disagree. Personally i love spirits board and the adventure mode. Multiplayer is fantastic as always.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!