By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict 2019 in gaming

A few days late I know. Sorry about that.

Now, what are your predictions for 2019 in gaming?

Here's my list so far:

- Both Xbox Scarlet and PS5 will be revealed in 2019. Scarlet will be at E3 while PS5 will be at PSX

- Someone will take the place of Sony this E3. I'm guessing WB games since they have three unannounced games in the works (Rocksteady's DC game, WB Montreal's DC game, and Avalanche's Harry Potter)

- Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled will review well and be a similar success story to the Crash/Spyro remake. Meanwhile, Team Sonic Racing will underperform, and while still being decent, wont stand up to transformed.

- Both Fallout 4 and Grand Theft Auto V make their way to the Switch. However, with a catch. There is no GTA online, only single player, and for Fallout 4 there is no mod support. Injustice 2 goes to Switch as well.

- The major GOTY contenders will be Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, DOOM Eternal, and Ghost of Tsushima. Though it's going to be a very even race between the three, and there wont really be a consensus as to who won definitively, with the vote being split.

I'll let others chime in now.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Persona 5 R will be coming to PS4 obviously, but also Switch and PC (the Catherine PC tease today made me feel confident in this)

Switch 2019's line up is gonna be on par with it's 2017 line up.

Koei Temco will get a rep in the Smash Ultimate DLC along side a second Bandai Namco (Tales character) and Square Enix rep (Dragon Quest).

Third Party support on the Switch will be bigger then 2017 and 2018 combined, while it won't get all of the big titles it will get more then what most will be expecting.

Halo Infinite single player will be an open world with some rpg elements that will divide the Halo community big time.

Playground's Fable reboot will be reveal at the end of MS E3 and be the first game confirmed for the Scarlet.

Scarlet is absent this year as it will be targeting at holiday 2020 launch.

MS will continue their plan to buy developers with buying IOI interactive, but fail to acquire any Japanese developers.

Death Stranding, Last of Us Part 2, and Ghost of Tsushima, only one of these games will be release in 2019 and it will be Death Stranding which will be a rather divisive game, while the latter two will be cross-gen with the PS5.

Sony is mostly missing for most of the year outside of releasing Dreams, Days Gone, Death Stranding and possibly that game that Japan Studio last week. But will make a huge splash when the PS5 is revealed around October to December and is expected to release in March.

People will say console gaming is doomed because PS4/XBO start showing moderate decline in their 6th year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ka-pi96 said:
A bunch of piss poor indie games will release. Some of them people will go mad over, despite them being crap.

There will be a massively overhyped game that sells well due to its hype but which is a huge disappointment to everyone that buys it.

Either EA or Activision will cook up a new kind of microtransaction/monetisation policy that will piss people off. Maybe even both of them if we're especially unlucky.

Yup. And those games people will go mad over are going to be the millionth 16 bit platformer we've seen in the last few years.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Neither next gen console will be shown for the whole year

The Last of Us and Ghosts of Tsushima will both be up for GotY

Starfield will get a gameplay blowout at E3

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Vanga predicted that I will play 5 to 15 year old games as usual.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

PS5 and the next Xbox won’t be announced this year
TLOU2 to launch before the holidays
PS4 and Xbox to get a $50-100 price cut ww this year to slow down declining sales, even the ps4 will sell over 10m easily
MW2 to get a remaster and launch standalone alongside the next cod
PS4 to sell 100m consoles by mid year
Sony to have their own show some time in the middle of the year to celebrate 25 years of PlayStation.
Xbox one to be discontinued in Japan due to very poor sales

Xbox One and PS4 Sales will decline (Price Cuts for Both)
PS5 and Xbox 4 will be announced
Nintendo Switch will announce a Lite Version as well as a minor price cut.
Nintendo Switch will have its best year in 2019 in terms of sales and software releases.
Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 will both release in 2019.
Nintendo will add SNES and N64 games to its Nintendo Online Service.
Nintendo Switch will add Netflix support.

8 core Zen 2 > 9900k.

Hehe...... prediction time

• Next Xbox to be revealed at E3. Alon the same way the XB1X was revealed. 
  • PS4 and XB1 gets official price cuts. Possibly to $199. Most likely around E3.
  • NS to sell around 18.5M - 19.5M consoles (sell through)
  • PS4 to sell around 15.7M consoles for the year and XB1 around 7M
  • TLOU2, GOT and Death stranding not released this year all to come around March, June and september in 2020.
  • Dreams, Days Gone  will make for Sonys main games of 2019 with a couple of other smaller titles.
  • PS5 will be revealed at PSX 2019. With an announced release date for March 2020
  • A lot of ignorant/click bait journalist will again claim console gaming is dying (because over 5 generations of console cycle data isn't information enough for them)