By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 8 December 2018 (Smash Week)

p0isonparadise said:
zorg1000 said:

Are those adjustments or Dec 15 numbers?

Those are the 15th numbers. But the 8th were adjusted.

Switch - 1,225,667
PS4 - 863,784
Xone - 478,072
3DS - 164,190

Wait. 1.3m Switch is 15th December and 1.2m Switch is 8th December, right?

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Around the Network
AlbiNecroxz said:
p0isonparadise said:

Those are the 15th numbers. But the 8th were adjusted.

Switch - 1,225,667
PS4 - 863,784
Xone - 478,072
3DS - 164,190

Correct. 

p0isonparadise said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

Correct. 

Ok thanks, do you have numbers for each market after adjustments?

xMetroid said:

Isnt switch predicted to outsell the PS4 and One combined in the US and after 2 week it's barely tracking 200k ahead of only the PS4 ?

Might end up with big updates like last year's December while vgchartz was showing underwhelming weeks for Switch but ended up over 1 millions every week. 

I still think Switch doesn't outsell both combined, but you never know. That being said the next week is supposedly when Switch sold the most (Week ending Dec. 22nd supposedly sold close to a million in the US). So if that is the case it would still be tracking at around 1.8 million in the US as of Dec. 22nd with a week and a couple days to go. Which is inline where I expected Switch to fall for the month (2.2 Million). But you never know either one could be wrong VGChartz or the supposed insiders. 

AlbiNecroxz said:
p0isonparadise said:

Correct. 

N.America

Switch - 404,044
XOne - 337,113
PS4 - 328,148

Europe

Switch - 350,569
PS4 - 347,629
XOne - 95,777

Japan was the same. 

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

N.America

Switch - 404,044
XOne - 337,113
PS4 - 328,148

Europe

Switch - 350,569
PS4 - 347,629
XOne - 95,777

Japan was the same. 

Thank you very much!

drinkandswim said:
xMetroid said:

Isnt switch predicted to outsell the PS4 and One combined in the US and after 2 week it's barely tracking 200k ahead of only the PS4 ?

Might end up with big updates like last year's December while vgchartz was showing underwhelming weeks for Switch but ended up over 1 millions every week. 

I still think Switch doesn't outsell both combined, but you never know. That being said the next week is supposedly when Switch sold the most (Week ending Dec. 22nd supposedly sold close to a million in the US). So if that is the case it would still be tracking at around 1.8 million in the US as of Dec. 22nd with a week and a couple days to go. Which is inline where I expected Switch to fall for the month (2.2 Million). But you never know either one could be wrong VGChartz or the supposed insiders. 

True, I didn't expect the switch to outsell them both combined but I meant that it was still way closer than what benji "reported". But still these are amazing numbers and yes, next week might be the game changer after all.

DonFerrari said:
Mandalore76 said:

Ah, so not talking about Fifa at all then.  Fifa 14 sold 18.41m across all consoles, with .42m coming from Wii.  PES 2014 sold only 1.8m combined.  Also worth noting, PES 2014 on PS2 was a European only release, while Fifa 14 on Wii was Worldwide.  So a niche release of a niche game.

Of course it would be a small number. We are talking about SW sales on a console 8 years after it was discontinued... which game is releasing on Wii 6 years after discontinued? Or on Wii U 2 years after being discontinued?

I was going off your statement that there were Fifa's released on PS2 that weren't released on Wii.  Which as it turned out, there weren't.  Then, you decided to bring up a European only release of a title that sells 10% of the previously mentioned franchise.

To answer your question, Just Dance 2019 released on both Wii & Wii U in October 2018.  

Mandalore76 said:
DonFerrari said:

Of course it would be a small number. We are talking about SW sales on a console 8 years after it was discontinued... which game is releasing on Wii 6 years after discontinued? Or on Wii U 2 years after being discontinued?

I was going off your statement that there were Fifa's released on PS2 that weren't released on Wii.  Which as it turned out, there weren't.  Then, you decided to bring up a European only release of a title that sells 10% of the previously mentioned franchise.

To answer your question, Just Dance 2019 released on both Wii & Wii U in October 2018.  

Yes you were, as I confused the Fifa and PES releases as the last in PS2.

Great Wii also had one example.

Still the original point bring discussed stands. The fact that PS4 or X1 get a port when PS5/X4 launches won't warranty Switch port.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Mandalore76 said:

Yes you were, as I confused the Fifa and PES releases as the last in PS2.

Great Wii also had one example.

Still the original point bring discussed stands. The fact that PS4 or X1 get a port when PS5/X4 launches won't warranty Switch port.

It will be up to the publisher in each case of release whether they want to cater to or ignore the install base of a system currently on the market.  We aren't talking about a discontinued system in this case.  We are talking about one with an active and growing userbase.