By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rumor: Switch may have outsold PS4 & XBOX 1 combined in December NPD

Magicpork leak 2,5m to 3m on era.

Around the Network

Its more that the switch is beasting instead of xbox and ps4 dropping off

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I'm gonna to need to wait for more concrete information for this...

manuelogando40 said:
Just one month til official numbers from Nintendo financial report.
If we consider Era leaks as "true", then they are bad numbers for ps4 and one, and normal numbers for Switch. In fact they won't be enough to get the 20m objective for this fiscal year.
As I said, we should wait until January the 31th

No, it would be very, very high numbers.  The consensus on Era is 2mil or higher.  That would be the first time a console sold 2mil in december since... 2011 or 2010?  First time this gen at least.  PS4 numbers are being predicted as slightly down - just under 1mil.  Which makes sense, Sony did less this December.  MS is also projected to be slightly down, around or just above 1mil.  Also makes sense, last year was the X launch.

The Switch number is the one really in question, how much did Smash push.  The MS and Sony numbers are lining up with what you would expect.

gemini_d@rk said:
Magicpork leak 2,5m to 3m on era.

If it's close to 3 millions, oh my...

This could mean arround 6 millions WW in a month, which is absolutely huge, almost 1/3 of their forecast.

Around the Network

Switch is killing it.

This all sounds about right to me when you factor in everything.

1) Sony and Microsoft put more into Black Friday deals than Nintendo.
2) Nintendo had a much better December than November last year.
3) Nintendo's 2 biggest games of the year launched in November and December.
4) Switch is a young system that is increasing in momentum. PS4 and XB1 are old systems that are winding down.

Put it all together and it makes sense.

These are not NPD leaks, these are predictions from people who have retailer info, they are reliable sources but it's not from NPD themselves.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
This all sounds about right to me when you factor in everything.

1) Sony and Microsoft put more into Black Friday deals than Nintendo.
2) Nintendo had a much better December than November last year.
3) Nintendo's 2 biggest games of the year launched in November and December.
4) Switch is a young system that is increasing in momentum. PS4 and XB1 are old systems that are winding down.

Put it all together and it makes sense.

And all of those years both PS4 and XB1 weren't able to pass 1.7m mark in Dec, Switch is going to set a new record. 

I also think that ps4 and xone sold so much on black friday so that affected dec sales, great numbers for switch if true