By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Rumor: Switch may have outsold PS4 & XBOX 1 combined in December NPD

MasonADC said:
With a big December game pushing holiday sales so much, I wonder if Nintendo will delay or push up a game for next December(Please don't be Animal Crossing).

I hope they release animal crossing early! I mean its gonna sell a lot for christmas anyway so haha

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Replicant said:

It is indeed.

D

M

N

MasonADC said:
With a big December game pushing holiday sales so much, I wonder if Nintendo will delay or push up a game for next December(Please don't be Animal Crossing).

Like Rol said, this year was back loaded with only mid-tier titles outside of the holidays. By having a steadier flow of big games and a price cut or revision, a huge December game isnt necessary (not saying one wont happen though).

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I also think people are setting themselves up for disappointment, but damnit you want it to be true.

Within Cells Interlinked.

Nintendo Historically always launches their biggest games in November and December. With a new Pokemon coming i would say that has November already locked up. December will probably be a game that hasnt even been announced yet. I expect Animal Crossing in the Spring/Summer.

Around the Network
drinkandswim said:
Nintendo Historically always launches their biggest games in November and December. With a new Pokemon coming i would say that has November already locked up. December will probably be a game that hasnt even been announced yet. I expect Animal Crossing in the Spring/Summer.

I could see something like 2D Zelda for early December.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well, with Smash having released in Dec, sales for the switch were definitely going to be good.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

zorg1000 said:
drinkandswim said:

I could see something like 2D Zelda for early December.

or Skyward Sword HD

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Azelover said:
Interesting...

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, for PS4 and XBO sales to drop in December. Usually December is much stronger than November. If this is true, then.. wtf happened??

Some speculate novemNov sales were so high that they had stock issues and maybe buyer burnout and people just threw their money at smash and switch so they didn't have enough for the other 2. If true, then probably a combination of the 3 points above

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Azelover said:
Interesting...

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, for PS4 and XBO sales to drop in December. Usually December is much stronger than November. If this is true, then.. wtf happened??

Black Friday deals steal more and more sales from December. Last year already PS4 did better in November than December in the US if I remember correctly.