Graphics Of The Year

Resident Evil 2 2 6.90%

Metro: Exodus 9 31.03%

Gears 5 4 13.79%

Death Stranding 12 41.38%

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 6.90%

Total:29
DonFerrari said:
Yes Death Stranding have a very nice look on it, and you can see lavish landscapes in the distance when you are hiking the mountains.

And probably TLOU2 or Ghost of Tsushijima S2 S2 S2 will win next year.

I just got to chapter 3, unloaded everything and now I'm touring the map before continuing the game. Just awesome climbing to the peaks looking around, down and back up the slopes. The map is a lot bigger than I thought. I already burned through my two pairs of boots and blood bags and now relying on Sandalweed and cryptobiotes to survive. I'm playing offline, pristine landscape to explore!

I think he had enough nap time at the top of a mountain, back to the game!

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:
Yes Death Stranding have a very nice look on it, and you can see lavish landscapes in the distance when you are hiking the mountains.

And probably TLOU2 or Ghost of Tsushijima S2 S2 S2 will win next year.

I just got to chapter 3, unloaded everything and now I'm touring the map before continuing the game. Just awesome climbing to the peaks looking around, down and back up the slopes. The map is a lot bigger than I thought. I already burned through my two pairs of boots and blood bags and now relying on Sandalweed and cryptobiotes to survive. I'm playing offline, pristine landscape to explore!

Yes looking from the top of the tallest mountains you see so far and clear it is just fantastic.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CGI-Quality said:

But, the user base is the user base. 

Chazore said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

2016: Uncharted 4

2017: Horizon: Zero Dawn 

2018: God of War

If that list is what it is, then going by the current voting poll, Death Stranding is likely to win, giving Sony a 4th year in a row for winning this thread.

I don't really want to repeat what I said within the previous two, but I feel like no other title is going to really win, unless there is no first party game within the year, that's added to this list. If we go by previous data and the userbase on here, 2020's likely to have another Sony 1st party taking 1st place.

I dunno, it just feels like there's a heavy bias that wants to forgo whatever tech the others bring to the table, in favour of their favourite game winning over anything else. I want to hope that next year brings us a game like Cyberpunk taking the crown, but I'm not going to go against 4 years worth of data. It's definitely going to be a Sony 1st party that takes it, regardless of what any other game can do or bring forth to the table. 

There is nothing but a bias here. Sony's 1st party games simply delivers stunning graphics. BTW if I see correctly, Metro is only 1vote behind, so nobody knows for sure.

Aaand what about next year. IMO some of the next gen titles will take the crown, but TLoUP2 taking the spot will not be anything earthshattering. ND creates it's own tech solutions who else is doing this now.

Cyberpunk will be good, but so far the graphics is looking normal, that's all.

Last edited by KingofTrolls - on 18 December 2019

DonFerrari said:
SvennoJ said:

Yes looking from the top of the tallest mountains you see so far and clear it is just fantastic.

For the past half hour I haven't seen much of anything. Bare feet, struggling through an epic snow storm climbing up and down steep slopes. Some peaks are pretty hard to get up but so far I haven't found any I couldn't eventually stand on top off. My stamina was down to 20%, rest greyed out. Sam started collapsing every few minutes, catch breath every time I stopped moving for a second. Luckily I stumbled onto a hot spring that restored it fully again. My feet continue to bleed since I ran out of sandalweed ages ago, but with rest and the occasional cryptobiote I'm still struggling on. Blind exploration is a lot of fun, so much stuff to see. I only fear that the actual game is going to be a slog after I complete this epic journey.

Sam is currently sleeping in a little cave I found, should be fully restored now. On to the corner of the map, down the snow slopes. The view is going to be awesome once this storm lets up.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:

There is nothing but a bias here. Sony's 1st party games simply delivers stunning graphics. BTW if I see correctly, Metro is only 1vote behind, so nobody knows for sure.

Aaand what about next year. IMO some of the next gen titles will take the crown, but TLoUP2 taking the spot will not be anything earthshattering. ND creates it's own tech solutions who else is doing this now.

Cyberpunk will be good, but so far the graphics is looking normal, that's all.

Yeah, that's what I was pointing out earlier, hence why I said it wouldn't matter what other games brought to the table, tech or art style wise. 

Next yr is going to bring some decent looking games, but I'm not sure Capcom will have sorted out the visual issues that plagued REmake 2, like the screen space reflections, which were glaringly obvious for some on consoles and PC.

Others out there create their own tech and tools for sure, but they don't get anywhere as much coverage as say, some 1st party studios. 

Cyberpunk is something else, going by what it's trying to accomplish, from a small polish studio.

TLOU 2 taking the crown is par the course, going by previous voting results on here. Until a new userbase comes in, nothing results wise will change.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Cyberpunk is something else, going by what it's trying to accomplish, from a small polish studio.

TLOU 2 taking the crown is par the course, going by previous voting results on here. Until a new userbase comes in, nothing results wise will change.

Graphicially, CP is nothing extraordinary. Metro Exodus looks better already.

New userbase? Users come in and go out every year, the userbase here now is very different from what it was a couple years ago, and.. Sony 1st party are still winning the award - simple, because people rate it the best.

FYI, TloU in 2013 did not win a GOTY here, Mario Maker IIRC did.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Next year is tlous locked to win no contrato, naughty gods are on another level, still think cutscenes from uncherted look better than all the games in this year list

The next gen consoles might shake things up. I do not believe that what we saw from Halo Infinite was the full realization of what we will have on Series X. 

I also believe we will have some more heavy hitters at launch. Forza Motorsport 8, Gran Turismo 7, and Horizon 2 are all very possible candidates to kick off the launches of Series X and PlayStation 5.

TLOUPII will definitely be a showcase on PS4, same as Ghost of Tsushima, but I think the winner from next year will come from Series X or PS5.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KingofTrolls said:

Graphicially, CP is nothing extraordinary. Metro Exodus looks better already.

New userbase? Users come in and go out every year, the userbase here now is very different from what it was a couple years ago, and.. Sony 1st party are still winning the award - simple, because people rate it the best.

FYI, TloU in 2013 did not win a GOTY here, Mario Maker IIRC did.

We've yet to see the entire world and whatever tech CP has to offer. Metro is hampered by RT by itself, and wasn't made entirely just for it, making it baseline.

Yes, new userbase per system used. The userbase on here has changed, in a way that we've less Xbox users, more Ninty users and PC users have more or less stayed the same, with the rest being Sony based.

Like I said to CGI, it's a numbers based game, regardless of what's "best". 

Yeah, that was 2013, since then it's been the same result on repeat. Next year would be nice to see a break in the usual cycle.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

CGI-Quality said:
Let's leave the door open on next gen games before we crown TLOU: Pt 2. No doubt it'll be one of the contenders, but the for sure winner? Nah. I personally expect a PC multiplat to be what wows me the most!

Yeah, I mean Metro got your attention, but really, this thread is primarily for voting purposes. The games/tech talk and screen shots act as the appetising side orders, not the main course, which is the voting poll results.

Personally, this yr, DMC V and Remake 2 wow'd me the most, but again, eye candy, not the poll result, so next year I'm expecting no difference. REmake 2 will likely win me over, but it's not likely to win on here.