Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Class Of 2019 ~ Best Graphics & Tech

Graphics Of The Year

Resident Evil 2 2 6.90%

Metro: Exodus 9 31.03%

Gears 5 4 13.79%

Death Stranding 12 41.38%

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 6.90%

Total:29

I just started Death Stranding last night. Wow, I didn't know my tv could look that good! Screenshots don't do it any justice like for so many games.

Detroit was amazing looking as well yet with open world and better use of HDR I have to give it to Death Stranding. RDR2 is no contender due to botched HDR, didn't look as polished anyway, but best weather effects goes to RDR2.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
SvennoJ said:
I just started Death Stranding last night. Wow, I didn't know my tv could look that good! Screenshots don't do it any justice like for so many games.

Detroit was amazing looking as well yet with open world and better use of HDR I have to give it to Death Stranding. RDR2 is no contender due to botched HDR, didn't look as polished anyway, but best weather effects goes to RDR2.

Rdr2 got a proper HDR update, I rode around that map, 3 or 4 laps worth in one evening alone, and it's just magical The ultimate soothing experience when I'm feeling stressed. If I still smoked weed daily, I would never leave that game.

If I could simply pop the disc in to check it out I would. However making room, installing, patching, eff this gen! Needs to be over.

Metro Exodus or Death Stranding. I don't know which one to choose.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
CGI-Quality said:
Trumpstyle said:
This was an easy one, voted for call of duty. Red dead redemption 2 and Metro somewhat close second. But some characters in red dead redemption 2 just looks bad and I remember the trees not looking good at all on my PS4 pro. Metro characters don't look good and have low-res textures. I can't fully judge call of duty but I voted for it anyway.

The majority of Metro's models are anything but low-res. And that's humans. The creature designs are some of the best out there. In fact, majority of 2019's games excelled in this area. Character models saw considerable gains over last year.

I worded that badly, I meant the characters don't look good and the game contains low-res textures.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Everyone, VOTE for call of duty NOW

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Around the Network

Just to rejig the memory, which games won the last few of these?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

trasharmdsister12 said:
Chazore said:
Just to rejig the memory, which games won the last few of these?.

2016: Uncharted 4

2017: Horizon: Zero Dawn 

2018: God of War

If that list is what it is, then going by the current voting poll, Death Stranding is likely to win, giving Sony a 4th year in a row for winning this thread.

I don't really want to repeat what I said within the previous two, but I feel like no other title is going to really win, unless there is no first party game within the year, that's added to this list. If we go by previous data and the userbase on here, 2020's likely to have another Sony 1st party taking 1st place.

I dunno, it just feels like there's a heavy bias that wants to forgo whatever tech the others bring to the table, in favour of their favourite game winning over anything else. I want to hope that next year brings us a game like Cyberpunk taking the crown, but I'm not going to go against 4 years worth of data. It's definitely going to be a Sony 1st party that takes it, regardless of what any other game can do or bring forth to the table. 

I guess I held hope for something more, something different for a change, but I'm starting to feel like there isn't much point in getting excited for these threads anymore, just like I lost interest and hope for the monthly game vote polls, because it always had PC/Xbox at the very bottom, with Sony in 1st and Ninty 2nd.

*sigh*, history repeats itself I guess?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

CGI-Quality said:
Can’t do much about winners in threads (these or other types). All I can say is everyone has the option to vote for something available in the poll.

But, the user base is the user base. Sure, we can spice things up, but the final outcome is part of the fun, and even if your (or my) personal choice doesn’t win, it’s still fun to learn about this stuff for many and listen to ideas/views about game visuals from many people on the site.

In my eyes, the ‘winner’ is secondary to all of that.

Yeah, that used to be part of the fun for me, the first two times, but now we're approaching the 4th, and well, it's gotten predictable and stale for me. I voted for all my fave games over the previous years and they didn't win, so that took the wind out of my sails, and it's likely to happen again. There's no fun for me to have if I can't get anything out of it, either via my fave game winning or a new result that isn't just Sony winning. I'd kill a thousand souls just to see a PC or even an Xbox game winning 1-2 years in a row, because to me, that is the spicing things up, not Japanese 1st part A or Japanese first party B taking the lead each time.

I honestly do not think there is much for me to learn from this, other than me being a part of an unpopular group, who's choice doesn't matter, who's game isn't "popular", whilst another group that cements itself chooses the same option over and over regardless of spices on the menu.

Like we learn new stuff about tech all the time though, that's never going to be the sole part of this thread, as it's going to be regarded as accessible, standard information, not something only say, 5 devs know about for 5 years until they reveal something, which by then would become standard knowledge. 

I'm sorry I don't see this the way you do, but I'm a practical man, who gets bored of results repeating themselves. I take no joy in wasting my time to have results repeat ad infinitum. I'm the type of guy who likes to see things getting really shaken up, to produce brand new, fresh and unique results, rather than 4 years worth of one company always getting the same spot over and over. 

Next year I'm going to want RE3 to be GOTY, but it won't, because numbers game. If there was quality I disliked about our species, it'd be the masses swaying votes in their own favour, based on a collective bias. 

HDR is so lovely in Death stranding. When it starts raining and the sun glints off the wet rocks, that's the next gen feeling. It's the best walking simulator I've ever played!

It does still suffer from pop up here and there when you're running too fast. On ps4 pro that shouldn't happen, at one point I though I could climb up and a huge rock materialized right in front of me. Maybe an SSD would help but I don't know how much of the terrain is actually stored and what is procedurally generated. The invisible walls and how detail tapers off behind them kinda suggests most of it is stored on disk.

Yes Death Stranding have a very nice look on it, and you can see lavish landscapes in the distance when you are hiking the mountains.

And probably TLOU2 or Ghost of Tsushijima S2 S2 S2 will win next year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."