Metal Gear Survive 8 14.29%

Atlas 3 5.36%

Ark on Switch 11 19.64%

Other 4 7.14%

Total:56
curl-6 said:
think-man said:
For me it was Dynasty Warriors 9.

Interesting. I'd heard the framerate is awful, anything else that kills it besides the repetitive gameplay that's pretty much a series staple?

Yeah plenty, the voice acting is the worst in the series since Dynasty Warriors 3. They went and hired a whole new studio of VAs that were beyond terrible. So many cloned movesets, they removed weapons and then resold them as DLC. You spend basically all your time running around an empty open world, just to kill a group of enemies in 5 seconds. They added generic side quests like hunting wolves, who just get styck in the terrain. And yeah the framerate is the worst I've ever seen it. Usually dynasty warriors aims for 60 fps, this one aims for 30 fps but is usually 15-20 xD

Around the Network

Well, democratically speaking it looks like we have a clear winner.

Doubtless we'll have another bunch of total shitshows this year, and if nothing else they'll be good for a laugh.

Anyone wanna take an early shot in the dark at what 2019 games will end up on the worst of the year list?

curl-6 said:
shikamaru317 said: 

3. Battlefield V- EA/DICE going against the wishes of a huge portion of the fanbase by pushing a modern political agenda into a historical game, then actively mocking the potion of the fanbase who was unhappy. On top of that, they made controversial gameplay changes and didn't put in enough content at release. 

The only complaints I've heard against BFV are of a purely political nature; what was actually wrong with the gameplay?

As it's the same developer as Battlefront II, my guess is everything. 

New Gundam Breaker or Dynasty Warriors 9

Crackdown 3 will likely have the 2019 title.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I didn't play any bad games this year.

But you played Hitman 2. /s

Kudos for you!!!!!! You steal my words.👏👏👏

Many people say Fallout76. That´s not an issue for me it´s a game that screams crap at unison. I simply avoid it. For me the worst was Dragon Quest XI. I simply cannot stand minorities crazyness.

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 06 January 2019

StriderKiwi said:
Either Battlefield 1 or Fallout 76 would be my guess. Have not played either but was considering it, until the universally negative reception came out (with Fallout, it seems like there's new controversy every week)

bf1 is from 2016.. if you mean bfv then i have to say that it is one of the best fps in the last years also like bf1.......

ark on switch is still unplayable

shikamaru317 said:

1. Atlas- Was promoted as a brand new, from the ground up pirate game, was actually a lazy, unoptimized pirate reskin of Ark: Survival Evolved

2. Ark: Survival Evolved Switch port- This game is just an absolute joke on Switch, it manages to look worse than an N64 game somehow with a poor framerate as well.

3. Battlefield V- EA/DICE going against the wishes of a huge portion of the fanbase by pushing a modern political agenda into a historical game, then actively mocking the potion of the fanbase who was unhappy. On top of that, they made controversial gameplay changes and didn't put in enough content at release. 

4. Metal Gear Survive- Konami cashing in on a beloved franchise with a lazy multiplayer game after they chased it's creator away.

5. Fallout 76- While I personally enjoy the game, there is no doubt that it was rushed, needed another year of development before release.

Off topic but Atlas being bad has helped SoT gain lots of new players. I've heard new players say they started playing because Atlas sucked. 

konnichiwa said:
Fallout 76 doesn't deserve it. it maybe did a few weeks ago but with Atlas out it became hands down the worst game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzDTdBsW1GU

And they also made Ark on switch so yeah they also are the worst devs of the year.

I was going to post that the worst game of the year was probably some overpromising early access survival game like Ark. Your post did not disappoint!