Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch 10 million sellers

How many NS games will sell more than 10M copies?

1-5 3 2.88%

5-10 27 25.96%

10-15 56 53.85%

15-20 11 10.58%

20 + 7 6.73%

Total:104

So Ive decided to upgrade this thread after a year and a half to see how things are going. adding 4 new titles to the list (Pokemon SWSH, Animal Crossing, Mario Party) for a total of 9 already, any predictions for the following game getting in the top?

btw it already has more games that sold more than 10m than 3ds and also one to beat wii

Around the Network

That is certainly a big number of 10+ Million sellers, great games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Wyrdness said:
I'm going predict around 12 possibly.

BOTW*
SMO*
MK8*
Smash Ultimate
Splatoon 2
Pokemon LG
Animal Crossing
Pokemon Gen 8
Pokemon Secondary Title (either a remake or gen 9)**
Tomodachi**
NSMBU Deluxe
Luigi's Mansion

* = Already crossed 10m
**= Possible future games that are likely to be made.

Of the original prediction 8 of the titles are 10m sellers now with LM and NSMBU at 6.6m each (as of the end of March) and still going with legs, only game not in the list is SMP which I underestimated. Tomodachi and a possible second Pokemon title are predicted games to be made that could cross the mark well Pokemon definitely would while Tomodachi's strong pull in Japan and Europe can help it pass 10m.

Currently of known future games BOTW's sequel is looking like another 10m and right now 15 10m sellers is looking like its set under current momentum.

Switch is basically at the half way point in it's life and it already has 9 titles at 10m+.  Luigi's Mansion and NSMB U have a shot of eventually legging over 10m+.  So that is 9-11 titles in the first half of Switch's life that have either crossed the mark or eventually will.  They still have at least 3 more years to release big games like 2 more Pokemon, a Zelda Sequel, and possibly more Mario platformer and Mario party games.  Plus who knows what else they release that will hit big.  The way Switch software is selling a Tomodachi game has a strong possibility of going 10m+.

It's got 9 games already and plenty more big guns left to fire.

I wonder what kind of sales Ring Fit would do if there was inventory.

Around the Network

This is a complete crapshoot right now. It’s possible Nintendo could stick with the Switch well past 2023, in which case the 10m sellers will surely hit over 20. We already have 11-12 that are currently out, one announced game that’s a lock (botw2), and two announced that are possible (snap and paper mario). Honestly, 20 seems like a lock even if they abandon the console as early as 2022. We know there will be at least a couple more Mario games released that will do it, at least one more mainline Pokémon if not 2, and likely at least a couple more casual aimed games to do it. I also wouldn’t count out Prime 4 to pull a botw for the franchise if it delivers. If Nintendo stays with Switch as long as I think, I think 30 10m+ are possible.

Last edited by HyrulianScrolls - on 27 June 2020

That is crazy, when the thread was made i voted for 10-15 and i was always on the ambitious side. But we already have 9 after 3 years...
I think it will end up at 15-20 millions with these :

-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Botw 2
-RFA
-Mario collection
-Pkmon gen 4 remake
-other pokemon game
-Wildcard
-Maybe another mario title

So i would say 17 10x million sellers and 7 20x sellers. (ACNH, Zelda Botw, MO, MK8D, PK SwSh, Gen 4 remake, And a wildcard.. maybe Botw 2 if they surpass the original).

It's up to nine 10 million sellers!! :D

Confirmed:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Pokémon Sword/Shield
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee
- Super Mario Party
- Splatoon 2

Guaranteed:
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Super Mario Maker 2
- Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Breath of the Wild 2
- Next 3D Mario game
- Pokémon Gen 9
- Pokémon Gen 4 remakes/Pokémon Let’s Go: Gen 2 edition (At least one more pair of mainline games)

Likely:
- Ring Fit Adventure
- Rumored 3D Mario collection

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)