By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza 2 in Japan looks to be doing better than initial reports indicate...

Alvar said:
ckmlb said:
There is a media create sales thread go read it and it shows the 360 actually sold less than usual this week and PS3 pretty much the same level... AKA- Forza didn't do much at all for 360 sales.

forza wasnt even released last week. (those media create numbers are last weeks sales)

The thread is this week's sales (May 25), look for the thread before posting...

I wil leven link you the thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=2378&start=0#end

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Alvar said:
ckmlb said:
There is a media create sales thread go read it and it shows the 360 actually sold less than usual this week and PS3 pretty much the same level... AKA- Forza didn't do much at all for 360 sales.

forza wasnt even released last week. (those media create numbers are last weeks sales)

The thread is this week's sales (May 25), look for the thread before posting...

I wil leven link you the thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=2378&start=0#end

Hello, Pot?  This is the kettle.  Does this mean anything to you?  It's at the bottom part of the OP.

"Figures are Last Week/Since begining of the year/LTD"

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Its hard to say just what Forza's sales are gonna be, but so far its not looking good. I too was in the "it doing moderately well and boosting hardware" crowd. I figured probably 60-70K sales over its life, I mean, looking at the game from a simple perspective its basically Gran Turismo for the X-Box, while shooters like Call of Duty 3 may come off as being "American" games I don't see why an American racing game can't do as well as Ridge Racer 6 on the X360.

People still can't understand these things, because they still think games are only defined by their graphics.

The same misconceptions apply when someone says a group of people has no taste : so I suppose the one saying that is the epitome of taste, right?

Really...

After all these years, it's still the same : some groups, when they can't understand why another group won't buy their thing, blame a problem on the other group. The succeeding company, instead, search what the problem is in their product.

Saying Forza is the same as GT and so should sell the same is wrong and stupid.

Saying Forza is "better" than RR and should sell more is even more stupid. They're not even the same kind of games, and again, a game is not just graphics, which is the only way someone can dare compare Forza and RR are the same kind of games, and so can be compared.

ookaze, and your trying to define and pidgeonhole Forza 2 as being all about graphics, and nothing else, since it's not on the Wii. Forza 2 was given a 36/40, one of the highest ratings EVER given to a Western game. Blue drago only got 1 point higher (for that matter, RE4 only got 2 points higher). Its like this: Even though RR is a different kind of racing game (a fanciful non-realilistic racer) vs. a true simulation racer, the fact is, the developers put FAR more work into it. It'd be like comparing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princes to like....Dynasty Warrior. They're both hack-n-slash action/adventure games, but one has far more work, production values, better rated, ect is what Im getting at. I own RR6, and I own Forza 1, and will own F2. Ridge Racer 6 has the whole next-gen graphics speel you and others want to go on, but the fact is, Forza 1 on Xbox is a better game because of the finest simulation gameplay. Because of this, Forza 2 has been reviewed as "the finest racing sim ever created". Ridge Racer, as of late, has not been given any accolades as a racer. I think it got a 32/40 or so for 6 and 7. Again, I say they have no taste because they'd rather buy some sort of wacky Wii Sports game rather than Zelda:TP, rather get their 15th copy of Brain Training rather than Ouedan 1 and 2. Look at how their top reviewed games do, and tell me where sales end up at. 9 times out of 10, in the US, a very strongly reviewed game does well. In Japan, they do horrible. It doesn't matter if you put $20m and years into the game, and put your heart and soul into it, when it's not on the brain age non-game speel. Next-Gen isn't about graphics, nor are defined by it. But when a game like Forza is used by professional racers to judge how their real life cars will preform at tracks they've never been on, and do remarkably well on the real life tracks after training on Forza, it means something that I'd think would be important, but appearently to some, it is not. By the way, since your judging Forza 1/2, have you even played Forza 1 for over 10 minutes, and Ridge Racer 6/7 for over 10 minutes? If you can answer yes to both, I will dismiss my argument, but if you say no, then my point still stands.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
ookaze said:

Saying Forza is "better" than RR and should sell more is even more stupid. They're not even the same kind of games, and again, a game is not just graphics, which is the only way someone can dare compare Forza and RR are the same kind of games, and so can be compared.

I will dismiss these comments because it's readily apparent that you've never even played Forza. It's head and shoulders above anything released thus far in the RR and GT series and graphics have nothing to do with it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The game has only be two days old, how can they say its the 2nd best selling title for the "week"? I would expect a title like this to have strong "initial" (first day) sales then drop off quickly. Still, it would make me happy for Forza to do well in Japan. MS deserve more love over there, pretty much are putting out the best games at the moment.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

rocketpig said:
ookaze said:

I will dismiss these comments because it's readily apparent that you've never even played Forza. It's head and shoulders above anything released thus far in the RR and GT series and graphics have nothing to do with it.

I think you and mrstickball are misunderstanding what ookaze meant, or at least the way I read his post.  It seems to say to me that you can't take two games with similar graphics and say they are the same kind of game, and I fully agree with that.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elp, and our point was, that you can, as they're both racers. The whole issue was production values, reviews, and the abilities of the games vs. eachother's sales.

My whole point was I'd be upset if a game like....Final Fantasy XII (a fantastic game btw), was outsold by..... Etrian Odyssey.  

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Forza Gt are worlds apart. GT is a part of what Playstation is, Forza is not like that for xbox. You can expect big things form a GT game its a 46 million seller franchise, Forza did 1 million and was never released in Japan. It would be a miracle if Forza2 managed to do half as good as the worst GT game did. People dont buy a xbox for racers.