By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Forza 2 in Japan looks to be doing better than initial reports indicate...

kn said:
ckmlb said:
Alvar said:
ckmlb said:
There is a media create sales thread go read it and it shows the 360 actually sold less than usual this week and PS3 pretty much the same level... AKA- Forza didn't do much at all for 360 sales.

forza wasnt even released last week. (those media create numbers are last weeks sales)

The thread is this week's sales (May 25), look for the thread before posting...

I wil leven link you the thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=2378&start=0#end

Hello, Pot? This is the kettle. Does this mean anything to you? It's at the bottom part of the OP.

"Figures are Last Week/Since begining of the year/LTD"

The poster has it dated May 25 and then says last week which I assumed was this past week as in May 25 being the last week day...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
DaBIAS said:
Forza Gt are worlds apart. GT is a part of what Playstation is, Forza is not like that for xbox. You can expect big things form a GT game its a 46 million seller franchise, Forza did 1 million and was never released in Japan. It would be a miracle if Forza2 managed to do half as good as the worst GT game did. People dont buy a xbox for racers.

QFT

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

kn said:
While I don't think the numbers will that big on forza 2 alone, I do think that forza 2 and trusty bell combined will move enough units through promos, bundles, and other creative marketing to put MS neck in neck in weekly sales for a short period of time. That doesn't help MS, though, as they need to make up quite a bit of ground AND surpass by a significant number to just get to even with the PS3. I don't see that happening in Japan unless more games continue to arrive for the 360 before the PS3 because of delays and the Japanese consumer finally turns on Sony. Probability of that scenario? 5-10% IMHO.

I can see the 360 being able to beat weekly sales for the PS3 every once and awhile when big games are released.  But I don't think the 360 will ever be able to go neck and neck with the PS3 for any extended period of time this generation.  They should really just concern themselves with increasing market penatration in Japan.  If they can increase that to close to a million consoles, I think MS should be really happy with that.

ckmlb - those Media Create figures were posted on 5/25/07 for the week ending 5/20/07. Japanese figures including Forza 2 should be out this Wednesday for Famitsu and VGChartz and Thursday for Media Create.