By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I bought a 2nd switch but....

Maybe if ur worried you could get the money back at the pawn shop? (Idk how those shops work), or just enjoy ;) I mean its not your fault at all

Around the Network

Whatever you do, don't sell it on eBay or anywhere. Sony bought a hacked PS4 that way and then sued the hell out of the guy selling it. Either return it to the pawn shop, do a local transaction. Or just play the games and update it later. Or if you want the console and the free as card but not illegal games, just update the console and format the SD card. Free 200gb and card is still great value

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

I... don't think it's possible to fit all of those games in 200GB

Vodacixi said:
I... don't think it's possible to fit all of those games in 200GB

Well it must be xD the switch also has internal memory aswell. 

think-man said:

This is a strange one, I just bought a 2nd hand switch from a pawn shop. I bought it because I've traveling overseas and my gf wanted to play the switch so wouldn't let me take it.

Upon taking it home I checked the micro SD slot and it had a 200gb memory card, this came as a shock because the guy at the shop told me it had nothing. When i charged it up and turned it on, it had custom firmware with a shit ton of games on it.

Octopath Traveller,

Xenoblade chronicles 2 ,

Splatoon 2,

Super Smash bros,

Pokemon let's Go Pikachu version,

Super Mario Party,

Fire Emblem Heroes,

Hyrule Warriors, 

Dark souls ,

1 2 switch,

Bayonetta,

Brawlout,

Donkey kong country,

Doom,

Harvest moon,

I am setsuna,

Kirby star allies,

La noire,

Breath of the wild,

Mario kart 8,

Mario tennis aces,

Mario and rabid kingdom battle,

owlboy,

portal knights,

Resident evil revolations,

retro coty rampage,

sonic mania,

SouthPark,

steamworld dig,

Super bomber man,

Super Mario odyssey,

the lost child,

thimbleweed park,

wolfenstein 2,

wonderboy,

yesterday origins

I didn't even know that the switch was hacked already, I'm guessing I can't go online with this. But i basically picked up a switch with every big title on it, I feel kind of bad though. 

What would you do? 

Write Nintendo at this email: piracyscene@noa.nintendo.com and explain them the case. 

Last edited by think-man - on 23 December 2018

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

Around the Network
manuelogando40 said:
think-man said:

This is a strange one, I just bought a 2nd hand switch from a pawn shop. I bought it because I've traveling overseas and my gf wanted to play the switch so wouldn't let me take it.

Upon taking it home I checked the micro SD slot and it had a 200gb memory card, this came as a shock because the guy at the shop told me it had nothing. When i charged it up and turned it on, it had custom firmware with a shit ton of games on it.

Octopath Traveller,

Xenoblade chronicles 2 ,

Splatoon 2,

Super Smash bros,

Pokemon let's Go Pikachu version,

Super Mario Party,

Fire Emblem Heroes,

Hyrule Warriors, 

Dark souls ,

1 2 switch,

Bayonetta,

Brawlout,

Donkey kong country,

Doom,

Harvest moon,

I am setsuna,

Kirby star allies,

La noire,

Breath of the wild,

Mario kart 8,

Mario tennis aces,

Mario and rabid kingdom battle,

owlboy,

portal knights,

Resident evil revolations,

retro coty rampage,

sonic mania,

SouthPark,

steamworld dig,

Super bomber man,

Super Mario odyssey,

the lost child,

thimbleweed park,

wolfenstein 2,

wonderboy,

yesterday origins

I didn't even know that the switch was hacked already, I'm guessing I can't go online with this. But i basically picked up a switch with every big title on it, I feel kind of bad though. 

What would you do? 

Write Nintendo at this email: piracyscene@noa.nintendo.com and explain them the case. 

Opps meant to quote not edit. 

why though? 

think-man said:
manuelogando40 said:

Opps meant to quote not edit. 

why though? 

sorry, I don't understand what are u trying to say me. 

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

Play 'em all and don't feel guilty! It's just Ninty's fault for choosing evil NVidia!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I would treat the hacked games as demos. Try them out and buy what you like. If I need to bring the second Switch online, I would reset to factory settings (there is an option) update the firmware and connect with a fresh Nintendo account (maybe Nintendo has marked down the firmware numbers and blocks the account, so I wouldn't bring my usual account near this device).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It's a Christmas Miracle!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.