Forums - General Discussion - What's the point in having children?

To whom are you gonna leave your game collection if you don't have children?

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

To continue your bloodline and to pass on your games to lol.

SvennoJ said:
Kids can drive you crazy, cost you a ton of sleep, make you worry all the time, cost a lot of money to raise and eat up most of your free time.

Kids make you a better person, give you feelings of pride, joy and being loved. They give you a sense of purpose, a better understanding of life, yourself and your parents. They remind you of all the good things of your own childhood. Kids keep you feeling young and you get to do many things that people would consider you a creep for when done without your kids... Things you did not expect to enjoy anymore.

I love taking them out on sleigh rides, building sand castles together, dams in river streams, playing on the beach, play soccer with them in the park or grounders on the climbers. Teaching them how to ride a bicycle or roller skates is priceless. Watching them smile is the best thing in the world.

Kids are an investment in your future. Not that they will take care of you, it's the memories you build that will sustain your happiness for the rest of your life.

Very good summary.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

There is no point. You live and then you die. HOWEVER if you ask yourself question's like "What's the point" Then why would anyone bother doing anything to begin with.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

greencactaur said:
There is no point. You live and then you die. HOWEVER if you ask yourself question's like "What's the point" Then why would anyone bother doing anything to begin with.

What is the point in anything besides drinking water and eating food? And that is if you can answer what is the point in keep living?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

I feel like you can't really consider yourself an adult until you have a kid. That being said if I could go back I would had waited until my late 20s or early 30s.

-Propagating the species
-To continue your bloodline and keep your last name alive (if you're a guy)
-The fulfillment you find in creating life and watching your children grow up and make you proud

KiigelHeart said:
HoloDust said:
I love my kids, it's so fulfilling to watch them grow, ask questions, play with me and have all sorts of fun. There's really feelings in there that you don't get to know with anyone else.

That said, and this is what I thought before having them and still do, desire to have kids is one of the most selfish things human being experiences.

Why do you think it's selfish? Almost every animal species has a desire to reproduct. And you are most likely having kids together with another person anyway.

Ask yourself why you're having them? if you disect any reason deep enough, any at all, in the end it comes down to pure indulgence and ego.

And still, I have them. Cause i haven't managed to get rid myself of either needs or desires. Yet, at least.

Kslost said:
I think some people have more children to get more government money.

When browsing forums I tend to poke my head into random threads with the intention of reading the replies until I get to one so foolish it makes my brain peace out. 

Congratulations; this post is what made my brain give up on this thread and stop reading! 

I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

HoloDust said:
KiigelHeart said:

Why do you think it's selfish? Almost every animal species has a desire to reproduct. And you are most likely having kids together with another person anyway.

Ask yourself why you're having them? if you disect any reason deep enough, any at all, in the end it comes down to pure indulgence and ego.

And still, I have them. Cause i haven't managed to get rid myself of either needs or desires. Yet, at least.

Well I asked you and you still didn't give me an answer. 

But since you asked, it's only natural to have children and I wanted to give somebody a chance to experience this life. I was given that chance too. As you know it's lots of commitment and responsibility. You give away much of your time, freedom and money to give them the best upbringing. I'm ready to die for them if needs must. My wife also wanted us to have a family together so I didn't want to take that away from her. 

But I guess if you reach deep enough you find all that comes down to pure indulgence and ego :P

edit. do you consider a need or desire to help other people selfish too?