By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo won't make more mini consoles.

Makes sense. It’d be incredibly difficult to compile a good list of 20 - 30 N64 games, without a good amount of people being upset about their favorites not being available. Personally, I hope this is a potential sign that Nintendo is bringing VC back.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

Nintendo 64 classic needs to happen though.
My NES and SNES Classics have been used more often than my Xbox One X, they are brilliant little machines.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

manuelogando40 said:
Masked_Muchaco said:

Thanks. You should also put this link in your first post.

I take note of that. Thanks!

The truth is because he sees everything gaming related having a Nintendo focus, Reggie misconstrued the  PS flop to be about the mini so that's the truth behind the spin '

From the man that brings you the lies truth the whole lies truth nothing but the lies   truth.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 17 December 2018

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I don't even want the minis as long as they launch SNES - Gamecube on the Switch. I understand Wii and Wii U not being there, and some of the handhelds, but I need GameCube games on my switch!

manuelogando40 said:

After christmas Nintendo is going to stop nes and super nes classic mini production. The sales of both add up to more than 10m of consoles. So at first sight this could be a non sense decision. But they want us to buy the Nintendo switch online so we have to play classic games on it. 

The question is, Do you think this is a good decision?

Yes, I have for more than 8000€ to sell of retro collection. The 2 classic mini consoles damaged a lot the retro market already.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Around the Network

Dammit Nintendo, at least release the N64 classic first, and maybe the Cube. Then you can stop!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

In the long term, it is better for Nintendo : the classic mini will become expensive rare shits because fo the small number of unit, this will keep the undirect reputation of Nintendo of "hard-to-find-quality-expensive-product-that-everyone-wants". A good part of their current success comes from this : that most of their classical retro are damn expensive and desired.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Good. I don't like the idea of classic consoles and think classic games should be offered on modern consoles instead.

I dunno if I can trust Nintendo's word... I feel there's a chance they could produce more at a later time to fill any empty gaps, possibly even make mini versions of other old consoles. Not that I'd really care for them, but I just don't see them stopping this trend, but maybe they're make another one at a later time.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Makes sense. They made what they wanted to make from it so they can just move on

to N64 mini

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]