By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo won't make more mini consoles.

Masked_Muchaco said:
Source?

Reggie´s words in a  Hollywood reporter interview: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/nintendo-president-smash-bros-classic-console-future-switch-1167948

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

Around the Network

Well, they are pretty well stocked in the few towns I've been to recently. I'm glad I've got mine and didn't give in to scalpers earlier.
I personally feel like they could still have these systems as well as the online service, just have the online offer way more games for more incentive.

I do hope they do N64 though.

1doesnotsimply

I would really love an N64 Classic :/

Those sales are insane by the way because it’s basically just from less than a year since they were unavailable for the whole year prior to that.

Anyway I still think we’ll at least see an N64 Classic, it’s free money for them.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 17 December 2018

manuelogando40 said:
Masked_Muchaco said:
Source?

Reggie´s words in a  Hollywood reporter interview: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/nintendo-president-smash-bros-classic-console-future-switch-1167948

Thanks. You should also put this link in your first post.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

Around the Network

Still not ruling out an N64 classic, they're just being coy because they're not ready to announce it yet. A gameboy classic seems almost like a no brainer, literally pennies to produce and they probably can charge $50-60 per unit.

If it means the Switch's Online game offering is going to be less shitty, I'm all for it.

Signature goes here!

Masked_Muchaco said:
manuelogando40 said:

Thanks. You should also put this link in your first post.

I take note of that. Thanks!

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

I definitely think they should not stop making new ones. In the realm of Classic consoles, they have been the most successful. However, if they do stop, I really really want them to add them to Switch Online. And at a faster rate too. It's moving at a snails pace now.

Oh man, I want a N64 mini so bad, the N64 and PS1 are my two favorite consoles of all time, which is why I also want Sony to make a PS Classic revision that does justice to the original PlayStation.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.