By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo won't make more mini consoles.

So when they will announce virtual consoles of SNES for Switch ???

Around the Network
manuelogando40 said:

After christmas Nintendo is going to stop nes and super nes classic mini production. The sales of both add up to more than 10m of consoles. So at first sight this could be a non sense decision. But they want us to buy the Nintendo switch online so we have to play classic games on it. 

The question is, Do you think this is a good decision?

To stop the NES classic, definitely. The Switch online is filling up it's space ever more and more, even moreso now with it's NES Joycons.

The SNES classic however, not so much. Once there will be some SNES games coming with Switch online, sure, but not yet.

Of course it is a good decision.
A sale of an NES mini or SNES mini won't carry anymore sale with them at all.
It's a 60 or 80 dollar one time thing. That they have to share with some of the license holders that have games on there.

In comparison, Mario Odyssey on its own has already made more money for Nintendo than those two micro consoles combined, when all costs are factored in.

They were strictly a brand revival stunt, and should not overstay they welcome.

Amnesia said:
manuelogando40 said:

After christmas Nintendo is going to stop nes and super nes classic mini production. The sales of both add up to more than 10m of consoles. So at first sight this could be a non sense decision. But they want us to buy the Nintendo switch online so we have to play classic games on it. 

The question is, Do you think this is a good decision?

Yes, I have for more than 8000€ to sell of retro collection. The 2 classic mini consoles damaged a lot the retro market already.

But most people who are really lovers of retro games, love physical edition too. Maybe I could be wrong, of course. 

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

OTBWY said:
I definitely think they should not stop making new ones. In the realm of Classic consoles, they have been the most successful. However, if they do stop, I really really want them to add them to Switch Online. And at a faster rate too. It's moving at a snails pace now.

I remember people thinking the release schedule for the Wii's Virtual Console was slow (at 3 to 5 titles a week), the current schedule is a joke.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
OTBWY said:
I definitely think they should not stop making new ones. In the realm of Classic consoles, they have been the most successful. However, if they do stop, I really really want them to add them to Switch Online. And at a faster rate too. It's moving at a snails pace now.

I remember people thinking the release schedule for the Wii's Virtual Console was slow (at 3 to 5 titles a week), the current schedule is a joke.

I really hope it's not because every game needs to be reworked for online play. Cause damnit, just put straight ports on it without online play and just release a select few with online play that fits with said game. That way you can release 10 a week and 3 online included games a month. That would make it way less crappy.