By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Wyrdness said:

we have no leverage over the EU but they have a tonne of leverage over us 

You people are deluded.

German cars won't be selling anywhere near as much once they face the same tariffs as the RoW.

France and Spain are basically middle-men for African agriculture.

We pay an extra 10-40% for the privilege compared to world prices while our services sector is completely ignored.

Wtf are you getting your news from?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
phinch1 said:
LurkerJ said:
Leave, no deal.

Any calls for another referendum should be shut down and resisted.

This is what I thought, trade with the EU On WTO Terms, no deal means we keep our 39 billion, if they go for a second referendum they may as well just install a dictator at the same time if the people won't be listened too 

Canada has already said in the event of a no deal, we will have something in place, Americana have also said they want to trade

Not true, UK will have to pay them one way or another. It's the liabilities from the last 2 years where UK is in the EU, and those will have to be paid.

It's as if you were in debt at a bank and then cancelling all your accounts there, you will still have to pay back your debt

Pyro as Bill said:
Wyrdness said:

we have no leverage over the EU but they have a tonne of leverage over us 

You people are deluded.

German cars won't be selling anywhere near as much once they face the same tariffs as the RoW.

We pay an extra 10-40% for the privilege compared to world prices while our services sector is completely ignored.

Says the person living in the Victorian era, German cars will be fine because you really think people here will stop buying them? Here's a news flash for you and any other person buying that tripe the's a whole world that buys German cars, funny you mention African Agriculture because that's where May has been heading to make trade deals I guess we're no different. Where do I get my news from? Well the financial sector where I work and reality.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
phinch1 said:

This is what I thought, trade with the EU On WTO Terms, no deal means we keep our 39 billion, if they go for a second referendum they may as well just install a dictator at the same time if the people won't be listened too 

Canada has already said in the event of a no deal, we will have something in place, Americana have also said they want to trade

Not true, UK will have to pay them one way or another. It's the liabilities from the last 2 years where UK is in the EU, and those will have to be paid.

It's as if you were in debt at a bank and then cancelling all your accounts there, you will still have to pay back your debt

Make us.

We aren't in debt to the EU. You owe us a share of those Greek motorways and Eastern European factories we paid to build.

We pay more in so whatever we got, we could have paid for ourselves.

The EU owes us our assets.

Wyrdness said:
EricHiggin said:

How long does it take for the EU to let the UK go? The UK votes to leave in 2016, it's brought to the EU, and yet here we still are trying to figure out a 'deal'. They voted to leave, so just let them leave. Democracy right?

The reason it's taken so long is because of the UK not the EU I don't know what news you've been following the EU have been ready to let us leave any day dating back from March, we have no leverage over the EU but they have a tonne of leverage over us so when Theresa May and co found out that leaving means leaving all the benefits such as trade and all behind unless we accept some terms of their own they did nothing but stall because keeping the benefits means accepting the EU's rules at which point the would be no point in leaving. It's entirely on the UK that this debacle is still going on not the EU.

The EU isn't in the way? They have no problem with you leaving only to make clear all the repercussions of doing so? Trump is the epitome of take it or leave it and people lose their minds over it, yet when the EU plays that 'game' then that's fine, no problem? Sounds a lot like an abusive relationship to me, and I thought that was a bad thing, or maybe that's just here in NA?

You assume the UK has no one else to deal with? The EU is their only hope? Without the EU, the UK will crumble? Didn't the UK once rule the world and play a huge role in creating the modern West? That didn't happen by pure luck.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Pyro as Bill said:

You people are deluded.

Says the person living in the Victorian era, German cars will be fine because you really think people here will stop buying them? Here's a news flash for you and any other person buying that tripe the's a whole world that buys German cars, funny you mention African Agriculture because that's where May has been heading to make trade deals I guess we're no different. Where do I get my news from? Well the financial sector where I work and reality.

Victorian era? i wish. im guessing that's a shit attempt at painting me as some British Empire 2.0 guy? Nah, I'd end Britain tomorrow if I could. NI is  Scotlands problem and idgaf about Scotland. we'd replace their population in 5 years at current immigration rates and fracking means they can keep their oil. Unfortunately, if $150/barrel couldn't convince them then $50 means we're stuck with them forever.

If you think German cars will sell the same today as they do with a 20% tariff, I'd ask for a refund on your financial education.

Last edited by Pyro as Bill - on 15 December 2018

EricHiggin said:

The EU isn't in the way? They have no problem with you leaving only to make clear all the repercussions of doing so? Trump is the epitome of take it or leave it and people lose their minds over it, yet when the EU plays that 'game' then that's fine, no problem? Sounds a lot like an abusive relationship to me, and I thought that was a bad thing, or maybe that's just here in NA?

You assume the UK has no one else to deal with? The EU is their only hope? Without the EU, the UK will crumble? Didn't the UK once rule the world and play a huge role in creating the modern West? That didn't happen by pure luck.

The EU haven't been in the way at any point the whole situation is dragged on by the UK as the people handling the situation have no actual plan going forward in the short or long time, the UK voted to leave the EU meaning the latter can set demands if some benefits are kept after leaving while Trump on the other hands just makes changes to already established deals the's a difference.

Didn't the Mongols rule half the world as well, didn't the Romans and the Greeks have notable empires as well? Christ dude come on when the UK ruled the world people didn't even have electricity then we got whooped by the US, you know why UK has to deal with the EU? Because we're in Europe leave or not we still have to have some sort of dealing with them, dealing with other countries is also no different than dealing with the EU the are going to be stipulations as well.

Pyro as Bill said:
Wyrdness said:

Victorian era? i wish. im guessing that's a shit attempt at painting me as some British Empire 2.0 guy? Nah, I'd end Britain tomorrow if I could. NI is  Scotlands problem and idgaf about Scotland. we'd replace their population in 5 years at current immigration rates and fracking means they can keep their oil. Unfortunately, if $150/barrel couldn't convince them then $50 means we're stuck with them forever.

If you think German cars will sell the same today as they do with a 20% tariff, I'd ask for a refund on your financial education.

Good luck convincing people to accept fracking in their areas, all products in UK sell the same today with all the excess charges if Thatcher and the Tories got away with the changes to the tax system best believe any added charges are going to make sod all difference because no one here will have a choice. The's a reason even Farage the face of the Brexit movement did a u turn on the whole topic.

Wyrdness said:
EricHiggin said:

The EU haven't been in the way at any point the whole situation is dragged on by the UK as the people handling the situation have no actual plan going forward in the short or long time, the UK voted to leave the EU meaning the latter can set demands if some benefits are kept after leaving while Trump on the other hands just makes changes to already established deals the's a difference.

Didn't the Mongols rule half the world as well, didn't the Romans and the Greeks have notable empires as well? Christ dude come on when the UK ruled the world people didn't even have electricity then we got whooped by the US, you know why UK has to deal with the EU? Because we're in Europe leave or not we still have to have some sort of dealing with them, dealing with other countries is also no different than dealing with the EU the are going to be stipulations as well.

You missed the point.

Trump see's horrible deals, however they were made, and renegotiates. He uses leverage if necessary as well. It's what smart people with spines do. Yes, they have more leverage because of who they are, but it doesn't mean jack if you don't ever use what leverage you have. Stop doing bad things or we'll give you a bunch of money to do so, lol.

No the UK isn't what it once was, but it's like your saying it's greatness is gone forever and can never be rekindled. One big reason the UK has lost much of it's presence is because it's gone soft, which is another reason why the US is also slowly losing relevance.

In an abusive relationship, is it better to remain or to leave, even if leaving means 'struggling' for a while on your own? Better to stay and continue getting beat down?

Wyrdness said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Good luck convincing people to accept fracking in their areas, all products in UK sell the same today with all the excess charges if Thatcher and the Tories got away with the changes to the tax system best believe any added charges are going to make sod all difference because no one here will have a choice. The's a reason even Farage the face of the Brexit movement did a u turn on the whole topic.

'Muh Thatcher, muh Tories'

You guys crack me up. Fracking is bad mmkay even though it causes less damage to the environment than mining coal but Thatcher is bad for closing coal mines even though its good for the environment.

Make your mind up.

Jobs v prices is a legitimate argument. If you're in favour of protectionism, just admit it. If you want to pay higher coal prices (because your industry is inefficient) to keep mining jobs go for it but don't expect me to subsidise some overpaid coal miner/train driver/teacher at the expense of me and my family.