By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Pyro as Bill said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Not true, UK will have to pay them one way or another. It's the liabilities from the last 2 years where UK is in the EU, and those will have to be paid.

It's as if you were in debt at a bank and then cancelling all your accounts there, you will still have to pay back your debt

Make us.

We aren't in debt to the EU. You owe us a share of those Greek motorways and Eastern European factories we paid to build.

We pay more in so whatever we got, we could have paid for ourselves.

The EU owes us our assets.

While highly unlikely, it could technically used as a Casus Belli

EU could also go the Napoleon route and block out all British trade with the EU. since a whooping 60% of trade is made with the EU right now, UK economy would crash in an instant.

@bolded: That's not how it works, none of those were build with EU money. Especially not the factories, which were built there by corporations and other companies mainly because workers are cheaper there then, say, the UK.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:

You missed the point.

Trump see's horrible deals, however they were made, and renegotiates. He uses leverage if necessary as well. It's what smart people with spines do. Yes, they have more leverage because of who they are, but it doesn't mean jack if you don't ever use what leverage you have. Stop doing bad things or we'll give you a bunch of money to do so, lol.

No the UK isn't what it once was, but it's like your saying it's greatness is gone forever and can never be rekindled. One big reason the UK has lost much of it's presence is because it's gone soft, which is another reason why the US is also slowly losing relevance.

In an abusive relationship, is it better to remain or to leave, even if leaving means 'struggling' for a while on your own? Better to stay and continue getting beat down?

Difference is with Trump these deals are already in place and he just impulsively makes a move with out letting anyone beforehand the rest of your sentence doesn't make any sense as the isn't any context as to what you're referring to.

No the reason the UK has lost much of its greatness is because the world has caught up and overtaken us it's a tough pill for a number of people to swallow, we're still classed as a nuclear power yet have outdated subs etc... Fact is the era of us being what we once were is long gone and the current era is more about collective strength than individual and it's something that is hard for people to accept going forward.

The relationship was never abusive to begin with which is why Brexiteers like Farage now deny saying some of the claims they made during the leave campaign the debacle was Cameron gambling to win against Milliband.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Make us.

We aren't in debt to the EU. You owe us a share of those Greek motorways and Eastern European factories we paid to build.

We pay more in so whatever we got, we could have paid for ourselves.

The EU owes us our assets.

EU could also go the Napoleon route and block out all British trade with the EU. since a whooping 60% of trade is made with the EU right now, UK economy would crash in an instant.

@bolded: That's not how it works, none of those were build with EU money. Especially not the factories, which were built there by corporations and other companies mainly because workers are cheaper there then, say, the UK.

'The EU could treat you like Iran'........fine, go for it.

We buy more from the EU than they buy from us. Block away. It's not like we aren't used to some continental power attempting to blockade us every few decades.

British manufacturing was paid/subsidised to move to eastern europe.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Brexit will make us all poorer, lose the ability to work and travel freely.

At this point no deal will get through.

I would love to see how the Leavers reaction to them getting poorer, then blaming it on EU somehow.

Whatever leave deal goes through, we are still going to be poorer.

Pyro as Bill said:

'Muh Thatcher, muh Tories'

You guys crack me up. Fracking is bad mmkay even though it causes less damage to the environment than mining coal but Thatcher is bad for closing coal mines even though its good for the environment.

Make your mind up.

Jobs v prices is a legitimate argument. If you're in favour of protectionism, just admit it. If you want to pay higher coal prices (because your industry is inefficient) to keep mining jobs go for it but don't expect me to subsidise some overpaid coal miner/train driver/teacher at the expense of me and my family.

Mind up on what? Your post is typical of someone who has no point after being debunked.

Guess what sunshine we're paying higher prices regardless that's the comical irony here you still ended up paying more and more the Government just told you that you weren't when you always were only difference is that rather than pay people it went into their own pockets. It reminds me of the whole congestion charge were they swore it would never be more than £5 lol.

Around the Network

You guys are stuck in a shitstorm either way. The Europeans in UK will suffer and so will The brits, scotts etc outside of UK in EU. The irish will suffer without a deal and might even with a deal. If you get a deal, the best you'll get is that you'll still essentially be in the EU, just without any proper power this time. If you leave without no deal, it's gonna be tough roads ahead. You are not getting a better deal whether the incompetent tories go or any other party. The 2 real options are no deal or new referendum. Your gov didn't inform the people of the real implications of leaving and now you must go through this painful transition period. It might be a worthwhile struggle that makes you stronger as a nation afterwards or it might be a useless effort that weakens you, I can't say. But I don't think you should just accept whatever offer is given to you because that would mean you are a somewhat pathetic nation and degrade your dignity and respect further in the world

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Stocko2k17 said:

I would love to see how the Leavers reaction to them getting poorer, then blaming it on EU somehow.

Some of them still believe it's all going to be smooth sailing.

Pyro as Bill said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

'The EU could treat you like Iran'........fine, go for it.

We buy more from the EU than they buy from us. Block away. It's not like we aren't used to some continental power attempting to blockade us every few decades.

British manufacturing was paid/subsidised to move to eastern europe.

Just like american manufacturing, there was no need to pay or subsidize anything, cheaper labor does than for itself

And speaking about labor, if you crash out of the EU, say goodbye to the rest of manufacturing, be it Jaguar, Rolls Royce, BAe or Airbus as it will be much cheaper and easier to produce in mainland Europe than continuing in the UK. Especially true for Airbus, who have to move personnel from one plant to another on regular basis, but that will become much more difficult after a hard Brexit. And that's after the banks leaving the City (many already doing so) since most went there to be trading in the EU

Wyrdness said:
Stocko2k17 said:

Some of them still believe it's all going to be smooth sailing.

Brexiteers don't listen to evidence they 'have had enough of experts'.

Stocko2k17 said:

lose the ability to work and travel freely.

you people actually believe this dont you?

the latest is it will cost 7 euros (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-traveller-charge-single-market-border-control-visa-european-union-a8321891.html)

i can understand why you guys get so upset, i would too if I believed half the shit I read.

food/medicine supply will(might) be affected but that doesn't mean the supermarkets will be empty. it just means stuff might arrive a few hours later so they might have to stock up.

chlorinated chicken just means it's been washed (4ml soap for every 10 litres water). If you want to buy scruffy, unwashed romanian chicken, you'll still be able to do that.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!