By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Pyro as Bill said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Not true, UK will have to pay them one way or another. It's the liabilities from the last 2 years where UK is in the EU, and those will have to be paid.

It's as if you were in debt at a bank and then cancelling all your accounts there, you will still have to pay back your debt

Make us.

We aren't in debt to the EU. You owe us a share of those Greek motorways and Eastern European factories we paid to build.

We pay more in so whatever we got, we could have paid for ourselves.

The EU owes us our assets.

This has to be a troll post.... theres just no way.

Pyro as  bill, you realise that when you sign contracts your bound to honor them right?
This would be like you oweing the bank, but saying "make me pay", there are consequences to running from the bill.

Imagine if every country could just do that.
Donal Trump wakes up one day and says "I dont believe in debt anymore, the USA is not gonna honor anything anymore, we re gonna ignore our debt".
Whos gonna want to trade with you? lend you money? ect ect.

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Not all the financial sector of course, but a substantial part of it will do/is on the way already - like I said, those who went to London specifically to be at a financial center somewhere in the EU, and that ain't just a few banks

Our financial sector is going nowhere, even though I personally wish much of it would.

Why would you wish a sector that gives millions of people jobs in the UK, and make up 7% of your economy to go away?

What good would that do anyone in the UK Pryo?

Pyro as Bill said:
OTBWY said:

Democracy does work, but not with one side telling mostly lies and misleading people.

NHS is getting 384M instead of the 350M promised on the bus. How's that recession and 500k job losses working out?

Remind us again who was misled.

The bus either said 350 billion £ or the writers had no idea on scale. All I found was a raise of 20.5B£, and that it's barely enough to patch the holes in the NHS. Oh, and Brexit delayed that anyway. Speaking of the NHS, with the incoming Brexit, both British and  European doctors and nurses are leaving the boat, and no amount of money will patch that hole (which is over 40K nurses and 10K doctors wide - and rising fast!). Only immigration can do that, immigration which was a key reason for the Brexit vote to succeed - hence why they will not be counted under immigration (but students do even if they stay just for a couple semester). What hypocrites indeed!

Oh, and about those 500k job losses and recession, Brexit hasn't happened yet. It's only after a hard Brexit happened where it will happen. I'm not sure about the numbers though, and while a recession might be avoided, growth will still be miles behind what would have been achieved without a Brexit

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 16 December 2018

EricHiggin said:
Eagle367 said:

Or it could be the EU teaching the UK a lesson. Something like the EU saying, "You say we're a monster, so we're gonna show you what a real monster is". If the EU gave a good deal to the UK, it would mean the EU took the UK seriously and that would just be inviting other people to leave the EU. You gave a good deal to the Brits, so now it's our turn 

Yes. The EU will make things hard on the UK on purpose, to make an example of them. Hopefully is causes the UK to fold and remain, or exit and fail. If the other nations get out of line, they will know what they potentially face this way, so they are likely to stay put. If the EU cared about the UK and it's people and democracy, it would fold and make it easy for them, but they aren't. Who's the good guy and who's the bad guy?

Honestly the EU has been soft on the UK.
This deal is designed in the hopes that the UK takes it and stays rather than crash out in a hard brexit.

Im not sure where people get the idea that the EU is purposefully makeing a exsample out of them.

Pyro as Bill said:
OTBWY said:

Democracy does work, but not with one side telling mostly lies and misleading people.

NHS is getting 384M instead of the 350M promised on the bus. How's that recession and 500k job losses working out?

You guys havnt left yet..... why would there already be a recession and joblosses?
Wait until March, and/if a hard break takes places, then those will come to be.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
EricHiggin said:

Yes. The EU will make things hard on the UK on purpose, to make an example of them. Hopefully is causes the UK to fold and remain, or exit and fail. If the other nations get out of line, they will know what they potentially face this way, so they are likely to stay put. If the EU cared about the UK and it's people and democracy, it would fold and make it easy for them, but they aren't. Who's the good guy and who's the bad guy?

Honestly the EU has been soft on the UK.
This deal is designed in the hopes that the UK takes it and stays rather than crash out in a hard brexit.

Im not sure where people get the idea that the EU is purposefully makeing a exsample out of them.

Possibly comes from the belief before the Brexit vote that the UK was owning all the trump cards and that the EU would come and beg for a deal, but reality got in the way of that almost immediately. The fact that the UK isn't allowed to cherry-pick thus comes off as harsh for those who had that belief before the referendum. 

Wyrdness said:
Trumpstyle said:

That is not a source, it's a speculation piece. United kingdom is still ranked 5 in the world.

THIS IS A SOURCE!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

No the wiki page is not updated where as the article uses Phillip Hammond's own assessment you know the very person who was the UK's Treasury Chief.

Duuuude, the wiki page is updated, it shows the GDP numbers from both IMF and World bank in 2017. 2018 is not over yet and we won't get those GDP numbers untill mars-april next year which I thought was obvious.

Read you own source, the article is written Nov 2017. Phillip Hammand is making an assessment based on a IMF forecast for the gdp numbers in 2017 (Forecast = speculation). My wiki link shows the IMF numbers for 2017 and United kingdom is ranked 5 and France is ranked 7. Deal with it.

I'm right, you're wrong :)

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

phinch1 said:
Stocko2k17 said:

Brexit will make us all poorer, lose the ability to work and travel freely.

At this point no deal will get through.

I would love to see how the Leavers reaction to them getting poorer, then blaming it on EU somehow.

Whatever leave deal goes through, we are still going to be poorer.

Oh so you've got your receipt  you bought the fear mongering  already we've been told food would be cheaper on WTO Tariffs

Did you buy it when they said "simply by voting leave we would go into a recession" and would lose 1 million jobs, when in reality we gained employment  had growth much higher than expected 

We haven't left yet you fool, I love how people say 'employment is up despite Brexit', yet we still haven't left have we?

Maybe stop focusing on yourself and see how this will effect our employment of NHS workers, doctors and manufacturing industries after we leave the single market.

I'm not fear mongering, I'm listening to facts and not getting deluded by ideas of 'getting our sovereignty back' or blue bloody passports.

Fact it, if we leave GDP decreases, the economy decreases - this has been proven - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46366162 - 3.9% decrease under May's plan or 9.3% under a 'no deal scenario' - I don't think that was on the voting slip, no?

No matter how much you want to sugar coat it of 'cheaper food on WTO' if people are poorer, they can't buy any food can they?

You can say 'hurrah' to more employment now, BUT WE HAVEN'T LEFT YET. 

JRPGfan said:
Pyro as Bill said:

You guys havnt left yet..... why would there already be a recession and joblosses?
Wait until March, and/if a hard break takes places, then those will come to be.

Exactly what I say to the OP - people love to say '... increased despite Brexit.' yet we haven't left!

Some people...

Stocko2k17 said:

We haven't left yet you fool, I love how people say 'employment is up despite Brexit', yet we still haven't left have we?

Maybe stop focusing on yourself and see how this will effect our employment of NHS workers, doctors and manufacturing industries after we leave the single market.

I'm not fear mongering, I'm listening to facts and not getting deluded by ideas of 'getting our sovereignty back' or blue bloody passports.

Fact it, if we leave GDP decreases, the economy decreases - this has been proven - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46366162 - 3.9% decrease under May's plan or 9.3% under a 'no deal scenario' - I don't think that was on the voting slip, no?

No matter how much you want to sugar coat it of 'cheaper food on WTO' if people are poorer, they can't buy any food can they?

You can say 'hurrah' to more employment now, BUT WE HAVEN'T LEFT YET. 

Ah, but George Osbourne made some stupid predictions about how voting for Brexit would immediately lead to a disaster, and they turned out to be wrong, which means that any and all other predictions about bad consequences relating to Brexit are automatically disproven as well... or something like that.