By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What I'm curious about is how likely it is that the EU collapses after Brexit? Who will be the next country to leave until it's like dominos?

Around the Network
Stocko2k17 said:
phinch1 said:

Oh so you've got your receipt  you bought the fear mongering  already we've been told food would be cheaper on WTO Tariffs

Did you buy it when they said "simply by voting leave we would go into a recession" and would lose 1 million jobs, when in reality we gained employment  had growth much higher than expected 

We haven't left yet you fool, I love how people say 'employment is up despite Brexit', yet we still haven't left have we?

Maybe stop focusing on yourself and see how this will effect our employment of NHS workers, doctors and manufacturing industries after we leave the single market.

I'm not fear mongering, I'm listening to facts and not getting deluded by ideas of 'getting our sovereignty back' or blue bloody passports.

Fact it, if we leave GDP decreases, the economy decreases - this has been proven - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46366162 - 3.9% decrease under May's plan or 9.3% under a 'no deal scenario' - I don't think that was on the voting slip, no?

No matter how much you want to sugar coat it of 'cheaper food on WTO' if people are poorer, they can't buy any food can they?

You can say 'hurrah' to more employment now, BUT WE HAVEN'T LEFT YET. 

Like I said, if you can read? We were told by just "voting to leave" the £ would collapse and we'd be in a recession (before we even leave)

It hasn't

We have 63 thousand EU NHS workers we also have 3.8 million EU Nationals living in the UK

So EU workers living here definitely put more stress on the NHS than help

Those statistics, interesting they're the same people who predicted the recession, and the instant job losses, (which again they were wrong on) why should anyone believe they're predictions now? It's fear mongering at its finest

Dulfite said:
What I'm curious about is how likely it is that the EU collapses after Brexit? Who will be the next country to leave until it's like dominos?

Who does a weakend europe benefit?
USA? China? Russia?

I rather we try to work things out together, I believe a strong and united europe is the best not just for europe, but the entire world.
I think EU should grow, and take in Russia (part of russia is in europe, and its the more populated area's of russia).

Honestly theres no reason why we cant all be friends, and we re right next to one another, and not that differnt in terms of culture & religion ect.
Russia part of EU, would drastically improve the GPD (of eu) and its military power, to the point where it would probably be ahead of the US.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 16 December 2018

phinch1 said:

Like I said, if you can read? We were told by just "voting to leave" the £ would collapse and we'd be in a recession (before we even leave)

It hasn't

What exactly would you define as a "collapse" in the value of the pound, then? I don't know about you, but I'd consider going from in the region of £1=US$0.65 to its current level of £1=US$0.79 a pretty significant loss in value.

UK should start immediately tightening commercial relationships with the rest of Commonwealth, including privileged deals impossible staying in the EU, as not only the whole Commonwealth is bigger than EU and it still has a higher potential for economic growth, so it could replace EU membership very advantageously in the mid and long term, but it could also give it a greater bargaining power in the Brexit deals with EU. Tighter relationships with USA, Russia and China will help too, but those with USA need prudence, as USA always try to get the lion's share.
The whole Brexit game can be played very well by UK, better than by EU that severely lacks nimbleness, but it needs good leaders to do it. Will Theresa be up to the task?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Europe Union was a mistake, it has nothing to do with free trade, but a totalitarian superstate run by a bunch of unknown bureaucrats. The good news is that it is set to colapse sooner or later, just like Soviet Union.

When Britain first voted to leave, the EU offered two future relationships. Norway model, Canada model. On top of that there is WTO policy. Parliament should have first debated on whether the Norway model fulfils Brexit. Once that was in, everyone of these options should have been voted on, with the winner being the future model.

If that would have happened every person and company would know where they stand. Most of that framework could have been in place right now, with just the fine tuning left.

Instead the British people have been betrayed by the politicians and government. Theresa May has however bought a fourth option. It is time all 4 were offered in the meaningful vote. It is madness that soon the only options will be Mays deal and Remain will win against the vote by political shenanigans.

It does no longer matter how people voted. Unless the UK leaves the EU in March, for me Democracy is dead as A concept in the UK and I would never vote for a mainstream party again unless that happened. It is now more the principle than the policy.

CuCabeludo said:
Europe Union was a mistake, it has nothing to do with free trade, but a totalitarian superstate run by a bunch of unknown bureaucrats. The good news is that it is set to colapse sooner or later, just like Soviet Union.

So, you're saying it's going to collapse... and then turn into something that's almost as big of a threat?

OlfinBedwere said:
CuCabeludo said:

So, you're saying it's going to collapse... and then turn into something that's almost as big of a threat?

Every country will ultimately regain the power they lost after they entered this supertate, like the control of their borders. You can't run a welfare state that keeps importing migrants that don't work, but keep receiving free money from the government at the cost of taxing the middle class into oblivion. Protests in France just tell you that people are fed up with paying higher and higher taxes.

Migration is only good if the undiviuals come to a place to work and produce due to the lack of native people to work, bad if it is only about sucking the public tits.

I fear that the Brexit is headed towards a no deal case. The British house of the commons can't vote for May is deal since they already shot it down and Europe does not want to negotiate with the UK anymore. Best case would be if Europe would say to the UK, its either this deal or no deal. Brexit can't be reversed and we ned an answer in january.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar