By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is PewDiePie an anti semitic Youtuber???

What is your thought

It's just a Joke people don't get the Joke 21 55.26%

All the websites that acc... 5 13.16%

PewDiePie is a reincarnation of Hitler 3 7.89%

All of this is an ilmuniti works 3 7.89%

I don't care i am busy playing Smash Bros 6 15.79%

Total:38

Last year he got called anti-semitic because of a joke he made in a video, and a few months later he got called racist because he said the word 'nigger' in one of his streams. While you could argue that he shouldn't have done the latter, the former was very obviously a joke with no anti-semitic intentions at all. However, it got noticed by a newspaper that figured they could get some clicks by writing something controversial about the most popular Youtuber. This 'news' spread all over the internet, and Pewdiepie had to take his video down.

Unless he has completely lost his mind, there's no way he would intentionally promote an anti-semitic Youtube channel, considering how much controversy he caused already.

Around the Network

No he's not. He recommended a channel for its anime reviews. He didn't notice that the channel has random little racist and sexist stuff carefully inserted into the videos.

I watched some of the videos from E;R yesterday. They are just normal comedy review videos. You really have to pay close attention to notice anything wrong. Like in his Star Wars review, he called J.J.Abrams "Jew Jew Abrams".
But if you weren't looking for that, you could easily not notice it (especially given that people don't necessarily know Abrams is jewish).

These dumb activist journalists don't understand that normal people don't spend all their time hunting for subtle racism everywhere.

PewDiePie gave a shout out to 28 other youtubers in the same list. This E;R channel was one of them and he gave them a shout out because he liked their Death Note review. He didn't see the subtle hints in some of their videos, and has since removed the shout out. I really recommend everyone to watch PewDiePie's latest video where he explains this.

Last edited by Tmfwang - on 12 December 2018

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

smroadkill15 said:
No he is not. What happened was, in one of his videos, Pewdiepie shouted out 28 smaller Youtube channel's when he was making a video about anime. Pewdiepie said he really liked a few videos of this guys channel about anime reviews. It turned out the guy had some secret nazi references in some of his videos. Low and behold, Pewdiepie didn't realize this when he did the initial shout out. This shouldn't even be a thing, but it is now.

God bless you for the most helpful summary of the situation. Or if you are atheist, right on!  

I asume smroadkill15's logical summary is accurate and complete, in which I call overreaction. This actually sounds much less intentional than Pewdiepie's other incidents. I feel like the guy would be wise to keep a tighter lid on his language overall, but then again, he didn't become #1 YouTuber by being a nice guy.

I have been watching Pewdiepie for over a year now (since the Wall Street Journal did that pathetic attempt of a hit piece), and i have been subscribed to E.R (the Youtuber he shouted out) also for over a year and have watched all of his videos (some of them multiple times), and i can confidently say that not only is Pewdiepie not anti semitic but i can argue E.R isnt either.

Because the thing is E.R "anti semetic" jokes are not only really subtle but are barely "anti semetic", all he really does is point out that a particular person or group of people who worked on the movie or show he is reviewing are Jews, and he does it sometimes in such a subtle way that unless you are aware of the "Jews control the media" conspiracy or you watch all of his videos back to back you wouldnt even notice it, which explains perfectly why Pewdiepie himself didnt notice this when he watched E.R videos and had no problem recommending his content to his audience.

This is just another case of the media over exaggerating things in order to try to smear and take down Pewdiepie, likely because he is HUGE and has way more influence than they do, all while not sharing their political correctness or beliefs, and funny enough all this will acomplish is gain Pewdiepie more supporters (when people find the truth behind this fake anti semetic claims), just like the old Nazi hit piece on him backfired and got people like me (who didnt used to watch him) supporting him and becoming active viewers of his content.

Around the Network

Reset era are a bunch of soy toddlers

vivster said:

He's as much of an anti-semite as I am a racist when I say Nigger.

When will people learn that you can't be an accidental racist, anti-semite or homophobe? There has to be intent. You know, that thing that's really important when judging people. The thing that actual courts use when determining punishment. But of course the social media court doesn't have to adhere to judicial principles. It's just judgement without trial.

Absolutely Agree.

the_dark_lewd said:

No he's not. He recommended a channel for its anime reviews. He didn't notice that the channel has random little racist and sexist stuff carefully inserted into the videos.

I watched some of the videos from E;R yesterday. They are just normal comedy review videos. You really have to pay close attention to notice anything wrong. Like in his Star Wars review, he called J.J.Abrams "Jew Jew Abrams".
But if you weren't looking for that, you could easily not notice it (especially given that people don't necessarily know Abrams is jewish).

These dumb activist journalists don't understand that normal people don't spend all their time hunting for subtle racism everywhere.

Yeah as i just pointed out in my previous post E:R "anti semetic" content is really subtle stuff that you would likely not even notice, which makes it no surprise that Pewdiepie didnt notice it himself when he watched his videos.

And honestly i dont see how pointing out that someone is a Jew should be considered an anti semetic action, and yes i know it comes form the place of  "the jews are controlling the media" conspiracy, but its very obviously done as an edgy joke, and in such a subtle way that people (like pewdiepie) will not even notice it when watching his videos, i mean its not like the guy is stopping in the middle of his videos to spew some anti semetic rethoric or telling people that we need to get rid of the jews, he is very obviously making subtle JOKES...

If the guy is trying to radicalize people and make them into anti semites then he is making a TERRIBLE job since not only am i not an anti semite after watching all of his videos (some of them multiple times), but one of the people i admire the most is an openly jewish guy who never takes off his kippah and is very religous.

DarthMetalliCube said:

From what I understand, literally the only thing Pewdiepie did was make a somewhat off-color joke that involved a youtube channel which you can pay to hold up any message you want, which he thought it would be funny to have them hold up an anti-semetic message while doing a bit where he came across it and looked surprised. And he will shout the occasional racial slur as a sort of knee jerk reaction/rage online. It's meant to be like a cuss, not being disrespectful to any race..

He probably does the occasional move that's in bad taste or a bit out of line, but to lump him into the same category as say, David Duke by branding him "anti-semetic" or "racist" is hilarious and ridiculous beyond belief. Aren't we dilluting the term at this point, to where it's completely losing all meaning?

I just wanna add that after he said Nigger on that infamous Stream (which as far as im aware is the only racial slur he ever used), he completely stopped using slurs and cuss words in his videos, so much so that he made it a running gag that his channel was a "christian channel" and until this day he still doesnt use that type of language, the worse thing he has said since then is the word "thot".

Pewdiepie/youtube is more relevant than most mainstream media and that could be the source of the trouble and hitpieces,also the journalists making those articles are in most of the cases talentless ignorant figures with a bloated ego.

Edit: Also a random picked review for a game on this site is mostly plenty of times better on the level of research and intellect than those "proffesional journalists"

If someone is called "antisemitic" by the medias, it si a good sign. I use to take the side of the people called "antisemitic" by the political and mediatic system. In France we are far more advanced with these notions it seems.

estebxx said:
I have been watching Pewdiepie for over a year now (since the Wall Street Journal did that pathetic attempt of a hit piece), and i have been subscribed to E.R (the Youtuber he shouted out) also for over a year and have watched all of his videos (some of them multiple times), and i can confidently say that not only is Pewdiepie not anti semitic but i can argue E.R isnt either.

Because the thing is E.R "anti semetic" jokes are not only really subtle but are barely "anti semetic", all he really does is point out that a particular person or group of people who worked on the movie or show he is reviewing are Jews, and he does it sometimes in such a subtle way that unless you are aware of the "Jews control the media" conspiracy or you watch all of his videos back to back you wouldnt even notice it, which explains perfectly why Pewdiepie himself didnt notice this when he watched E.R videos and had no problem recommending his content to his audience.

This is just another case of the media over exaggerating things in order to try to smear and take down Pewdiepie, likely because he is HUGE and has way more influence than they do, all while not sharing their political correctness or beliefs, and funny enough all this will acomplish is gain Pewdiepie more supporters (when people find the truth behind this fake anti semetic claims), just like the old Nazi hit piece on him backfired and got people like me (who didnt used to watch him) supporting him and becoming active viewers of his content.

Agreed. I think E;R is just being edgy, a la Rucka Rucka Ali. I watched one of his SW reviews and the one reference I saw was he spoke about the Empire, but instead of showing their base/ship, he showed an image from another film that has a Nazi base shaped like a swastika.