By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Note Mistaken for School Shooting Warning -_-

Honestly I'm surprised it escalated this far. Surely enough kids would have known and informed others about what the message meant. I mean, it would seem kind of weird for someone to write a threat like that in a classroom if that was someone's intention, as well as not be caught in the act as well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

To be fair the smash logo kind of looks like a target. So if someone has no idea what SSB is or has never seen the logo kind of.... could maybe.... well....

Incoming logo censoring

我是广州人

I would love to be the ones laughing in that school to the people panicking because of the Smash Ball xD

Pocky Lover Boy! 

This is more indicative of what a mess the US is right now where children and teachers are afraid of the smash logo. The government does NOTHING. They should hold up banners saying "DO SOMETHING" and area he protests every ,ontj instead of only when school shootings happen. They should really do something whether it's mental health or gun control but they do absolutely positively nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada!

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

The fact that the website even says ''Its understandable'' in relation to people thinking it was a school shooting warning makes it even more cringe.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:
This is more indicative of what a mess the US is right now where children and teachers are afraid of the smash logo. The government does NOTHING. They should hold up banners saying "DO SOMETHING" and area he protests every ,ontj instead of only when school shootings happen. They should really do something whether it's mental health or gun control but they do absolutely positively nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada!

This.

Apparently a simple note saying On 7 December it’s time to [logo] means people’s minds go straight to school shooting.

Reminder to please keep politics and things of that nature out of the thread please. We have a section for that.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Lol. Ridley Daisy.

really, this situation can be boiled down to a teacher overreacting and not using common sense to address the situation. they could have taken 2 seconds to ask a student what the symbol was and then just do a google search to confirm it. but no, they put the whole school on red alert

CaptainExplosion said:

I'm not kidding, it's real. Allegedly.

Idiots. -_-

How the fuck are they idiots? For not knowing an obscure symbol and release date of a video game that you happen to know but 99.999% of the population doesn't? The idiotic thing would be to ignore this and let hundreds of students run into a potential school shooting, or make a thread calling concerned people trying to protect themselves and others idiots.

I'm not saying that it would be funny to see you die in a shooting because someone ignored obvious warning signs and didn't tell you. Because that would be idiotic.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.