By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Note Mistaken for School Shooting Warning -_-

if someone drew that smash logo and you thought... that's his cross hairs... I mean... he isn't going to be very accurate in shooting anyone is he?



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I am surprised by the number of people who did not know what was going to happen on December 7 to go into panic. Do not talk about video games in that school? in my time we did it.



Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

alejollorente10 said:
I am surprised by the number of people who did not know what was going to happen on December 7 to go into panic. Do not talk about video games in that school? in my time we did it.

Only a few students reported it. That's a few students out of most likely thousands of students. They most likely reported it immediately. It's not that weird to think that someone would interpret it that way when it's like a 3/2500 chance. 



Dravenet7 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

But it's like they'd think a kid was on drugs just because he drew the Super Mushroom from Super Mario Bros. -_-

Very frankly you shouldn't be calling others idiots and making statements such as this. They made a decision based on lack of information which was ultimately the best option in a potentially high risk situation.

So what now? Is Nintendo gonna have to re-design the Smash Bros. symbol so that idiots don't think it's a target?

Any child in North America these days should recognize that THIS Is an aiming reticle:

Not THIS!!

As a child I never thought the above image looked like an aiming reticle.



CaptainExplosion said:

So what now? Is Nintendo gonna have to re-design the Smash Bros. symbol so that idiots don't think it's a target?

Any child in North America these days should recognize that THIS Is an aiming reticle:

 

Not THIS!!

 

As a child I never thought the above image looked like an aiming reticle.

I don't recall ever saying or suggesting they should alter the logo. Please point to where I implied this.

Not every child is a gamer. Not every adult is a gamer. Not everyone one is a Nintendo gamer or knows much about any Nintendo franchise.

Yet you seem to be really be insistent on calling children idiots. You also seem to be insistent that all the students should know what it means for some reason, and you emphasize this by pointing out that when you were a child, you knew the difference. That doesn't make sense. 

Kinda happy I decided to take a short break when I did because you gave me a great example I didn't have to dig deep to find. I'm using the following example as a point of comparison, not as an attack, cast of judgement, or make that the focus of the topic. (I fully intend to contribute to that thread so I would like to leave that specific discussion to that thread):

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8935490

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8935495

In this scenario, I knew about this piece of information as a child. Should I call you or anyone else that made the assumption idiots? No. That doesn't make any sense. Why insult someone over ignorance? I might as well laugh that someone doesn't know how to accurately use manifolds to calculate measurements of objects or even know how to use metric spaces properly or know how to code in Java or C# or yadda yadda yadda.

That's the only important reason to bring up that scenario.

There are key differences between this scenario and yours:

- You're an adult. They're literally children. Your age difference is a clear advantage of amassing more information than them.

- The information you were ignorant about was information you had both the time and context of checking. The kids probably had no knowledge whatsoever to extrapolate from

- Their situation was much more high risk and needed immediate judgement. Your situation never had anywhere near the same level of risk or urgency.

Their situation was much worse and understandable than yours... yet you have the nerve to call them idiots. I don't think that level of hypocrisy is acceptable in a discussion, serious or otherwise.

 


PwerlvlAmy said:
Reminder to please keep politics and things of that nature out of the thread please. We have a section for that.

Can you please specify what you are referring to when you say "politics and things of that nature"? In conjunction with your previous post here, it comes across to me as both mocking what others have deemed context naturally entwined with thread and superimposing your values or ideas in the thread rather than from a decision to ensure derailment is prevented.

 I don't believe I even need to bring context such as that to further contribute to this thread. I would just like clarification because it feels unfair to jump simply to that conclusion. 

Last edited by Dravenet7 - on 11 December 2018

Around the Network
Dravenet7 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

So what now? Is Nintendo gonna have to re-design the Smash Bros. symbol so that idiots don't think it's a target?

Any child in North America these days should recognize that THIS Is an aiming reticle:

 

Not THIS!!

 

As a child I never thought the above image looked like an aiming reticle.

I don't recall ever saying or suggesting they should alter the logo. Please point to where I implied this.

Not every child is a gamer. Not every adult is a gamer. Not everyone one is a Nintendo gamer or knows much about any Nintendo franchise.

Yet you seem to be really be insistent on calling children idiots. You also seem to be insistent that all the students should know what it means for some reason, and you emphasize this by pointing out that when you were a child, you knew the difference. That doesn't make sense. 

Kinda happy I decided to take a short break when I did because you gave me a great example I didn't have to dig deep to find. I'm using the following example as a point of comparison, not as an attack, cast of judgement, or make that the focus of the topic. (I fully intend to contribute to that thread so I would like to leave that specific discussion to that thread):

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8935490

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8935495

In this scenario, I knew about this piece of information as a child. Should I call you or anyone else that made the assumption idiots? No. That doesn't make any sense. Why insult someone over ignorance? I might as well laugh that someone doesn't know how to accurately use manifolds to calculate measurements of objects or even know how to use metric spaces properly or know how to code in Java or C# or yadda yadda yadda.

That's the only important reason to bring up that scenario.

They're are key differences between this scenario and yours:

- You're an adult. They're literally children. You're age difference is a clear advantage of amassing more information than them.

- The information you were ignorant about was information you had both the time and context of checking. The kids probably had no knowledge whatsoever to extrapolate from

- Their situation was much more high risk and needed immediate judgement. Your situation never had anywhere near the same level of risk or urgency.

Their situation was much worse and understandable than yours... yet you have the nerve to call them idiots. I don't think that level of hypocrisy is acceptable in a discussion, serious or otherwise.

 


PwerlvlAmy said:
Reminder to please keep politics and things of that nature out of the thread please. We have a section for that.

Can you please specify what you are referring to when you say "politics and things of that nature"? In conjunction with your previous post here, it comes across to me as both mocking what others have deemed context naturally entwined with thread and superimposing your values or ideas in the thread rather than from a decision to ensure derailment is prevented.

 I don't believe I even need to bring context such as that to further contribute to this thread. I would just like clarification because it feels unfair to jump simply to that conclusion. 

Not unfair at all. Bringing up American gun control policies and things related to it have no place in this thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8934445

Posts like this talking government,protests,gun control,etc etc, belong in the political section of the website.

If people want to take it the political route then feel free to make a thread in that section and continue the conversation.



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

Not unfair at all. Bringing up American gun control policies and things related to it have no place in this thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8934445

Posts like this talking government,protests,gun control,etc etc, belong in the political section of the website.

If people want to take it the political route then feel free to make a thread in that section and continue the conversation.

Oh ok. I had a little trouble understanding what you meant, but looking at that post again I can definitely see how it could steer into a purely political discussion. Thank you for taking the time to clarify.



Dravenet7 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Not unfair at all. Bringing up American gun control policies and things related to it have no place in this thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8934445

Posts like this talking government,protests,gun control,etc etc, belong in the political section of the website.

If people want to take it the political route then feel free to make a thread in that section and continue the conversation.

Oh ok. I had a little trouble understanding what you meant, but looking at that post again I can definitely see how it could steer into a purely political discussion. Thank you for taking the time to clarify.

No Problem :)



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick