We're less than a week away from the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate now and I thought I'd try and organize a league like I did before with Smash 4 on 3DS and Wii U.
Here's how it all works:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate League
- Every player starts out with 100pts, you can join at any time.
- You can challenge only people who are within 3 ranks of you (Ex. if you're in 5th place, you can issue a challenge to users ranks 2 to 4).
- Once a challenge is issued, it must be retained for at least 24 hours (once that period has passed without an answer the player may choose to remove the challenge and challenge someone else)
- You can have a maximum of 2 active challenges
Challenges have to be accepted within 3 days (or else you'll suffer a 2 pts penalty).
- Once the challenged user accepts, both players must battle within that 3 day period (plus a 24 hour extention). Any player who does not show up (whether it be the challenger or the challenged player) will suffer a 10 point deduction
- Challenges must be made public in the League thread as well as accepted challenges and results of the match.
- Matches will be a best of 3 rounds, 3 stocks, 8 minutes, no items.
- The loser of the previous round may change character and will get to chose the next stage they will battle on (counterpick). The winner must keep the character he won with.
- Everyone starts on equal footing
- The points distribution favors activity/challenges since you can gain points quicker by challenging someone then by waiting for a challenge.
- The lead the top player can amass isn't too big since he can only gain a maximum of 6 pts per challenge and can lose it pretty quickly but a dominant player is still rewarded for his exploits.
- On the other end, lower ranked players don't lose pts too fast and can regain a few positions quickly with some wins.
|Rank||VGC Name||Friend Code||Points|
|7||Ultrashroomz||SW 0731-6937-5596||100 pts|
Signature goes here!