By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo plans to release a Zelda game on Switch every year

-new game on botw engine.
-OoT/MM remade with botw engine
-Hyrule warriors 2
-2D zelda
-ubisoft licensing (mario rabbids, starlink)
-re-release of either WWHD or TPHD or both

Enough until switch sucessor.

Around the Network

My predictions with an *H* by each one for the ones I hope for the most.

2019 - Twilight Princess HD Port
2020 - Over the top Zelda in HD but like Between Worlds; new game *H*
2021 - Either Skyward Sword or Ocarina of Time HD remake
2022 - New 3d Zelda game as cross gen between Switch and Switch 2 (or whatever it's called) *H*
2023 - A link to the past HD remake (4k, 60 fps, on the Switch 2.0 which will run a quantum, 100gb ram, and have a 10 terabyte hardrive, all even smaller than the Switch) *HHHH*

I also could see them doing a mid-gen Zelda game using the engine from Breath of the Wild, but in order for it to not interfere with a Zelda launch of their next system (which, at this point, they probably want to always have that as a launch game based on how weak the Wii U was and how successful the Switch has been) that game will need to be out either the end of 2019 or in the first half of 2020, in my opinion. Again though, if they are going to do the same engine sequel to Breath of the Wild, I don't think they will use their entire mainline Zelda team on that, as those guys need to get cranking on Switch 2.0 system seller off the bat.

There are enough older titles to port over and the possibilities of 2.5D Zelda games to make inbetween 3D releases that this would actually make a ton of sense and in no way devalue to franchise.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Ocarina of Time HD please

It's definitely time for Skyward Sword HD, and Hyrule Warriors should get a sequel so that's two Zelda titles right there.

Around the Network

I don't cont remakes as releases. To me that is BAU for Nintendo each gen in recent times lol.

Pls a new 2D Zelda game, I loved A Link Between Worlds. Something quirky like Link's Awakening woul be great.

2017 - Breath of the Wild
2018 - Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
2019 - Skyward Sword HD
2020 - 2D/Top Down Zelda for Switch; Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD package
2021 - Spinoff title.
2022 - Another 2D/Top Down Zelda for Switch (likely a multiplayer focused game like Four Swords and Triforce Heroes) and/or Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask HD package.
2023 - Breath of the Wild 2/Next Open World Zelda game for Switch 2.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 02 December 2018

There are certainly options to make this happen, and some projects they really oughta do. Obviously, that Skyward Sword HD port is one thing. Another thing they OUGHT do to is bring out a compilation featuring the 3DS remakes and Wii U remasters. I’m sure loads of people would love to play OoT and MM 3D on a TV with a new HD sheen for the first time, and I’m sure others are interested in getting Windwaker and TPP on a portable device. Asking for a collection with all three might be a little too much too ask from Nintendo, but releasing them in two-games-per-compilation volumes (with volume 3 featuring Skyward Sword and BotW) would also be pretty cool. I just hope Nintendo doesn’t drip-feed these games in lone, $50-$60 releases, though thats kind of what I expect. The only HD remaster that ought to get a stand-alone release is Skyward Sword, IMO.

Of course, while 2019 may be too early for BotW2, I do hope Nintendo doesn’t take another 5 or 6 years with the next game. They already got great tech in place. No need to COMPLETELY rebuild from the ground up. Fingers crossed for BotW2 by 2020. I’d love some sort of Majora’s Mask-esque spin-off that focused on the rebuilding of Hyrule and made Zelda the playable character, myself.

And, finally: Nintendo should definitely do another single-player 2D Zelda. If they do, I hope it features hand drawn sprites instead of 3D polygons.

how about, no, nintendo. Don't be an Ubisoft,Activision,EA

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick