By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo plans to release a Zelda game on Switch every year

twintail said:
ResilientFighter said:

That sounds horrible dont make zelda the next asscreed T_T

Adding skyward and twilight to the switch is great but other than that they should chill unless they remake the N64 games 

In the last 20 years there are about 5 years that a Zelda hasn't released (and only 1 year gaps)

Zelda is practically a yearly ip and been doing it longer than AC.

Do you understand i am talking about new entries not ports remakes remasters and spinoffs??

If anything im cool with remakes remasters but not spinoffs like hyrule warriors

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
forest-spirit said:
It's definitely time for Skyward Sword HD

I have to say, I have no interest in a Skyward Sword remake.  Not because I dislike the game, but because the Joycons are just terribly uncomfortable when not in handheld mode or in their shell.  The Wiimote was built for holding for long periods of time and so you could reach all the buttons without having to adjust your grip.  The Joycons were not and require constant reshifting of your hand to reach all the buttons without being able to use your other hand to hold the controller in place to make it easier.  You don't even realize how much you move your hands around during gameplay on modern controllers to comfortably reach between the buttons and the sticks until you have to scoot the controller up and down with one hand.

Well, that may have been your experience but I played BotW through completely with split joycons and never found them uncomfortable. Personally I found that a lot more comfortable than handheld mode, where the need to support the weight of the Switch pushed its corners into my palms.

I think that there “ought to be” a Skyward Sword remake because all the games should be playable on new systems. I also think that 2D remakes would be great, following the lead that Octopath Traveller has provided for “HD 2D” art direction, but I hope that they would start with a new mainline 2D adventure. I'm sure we'll see a WW port as well at some point, and I've seen calls of a Four Swords port, so there's no reason at all why we couldn’t have at least one Zelda release per year.

PwerlvlAmy said:
how about, no, nintendo. Don't be an Ubisoft,Activision,EA

Already happened:
2011 Skyward Sword
2011 Four Swords Anniversary Edition
2011 Ocarina of Time 3D
2013 A Link Between Worlds
2013 Wind Waker HD
2014 Hyrule Warriors
2015 Tri Force Heroes
2015 Majora's Mask 3D
2016 Twilight Princess HD
2016 Hyrule Warriors Legends
2016 Zelda Picross
2017 Breath of the Wild
2018 Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition

NightlyPoe said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
how about, no, nintendo. Don't be an Ubisoft,Activision,EA

Someone pointed out something true earlier that I don't think was appreciated.  Since 2000, there's been a Zelda game released in all but four years (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012).  There have actually been more years with multiple Zelda titles than there have been without it and we're currently experiencing a streak of 6 straight years with at least one Zelda release.

So we've been living in a yearly Zelda cycle for a long time now, you just never noticed because the IP has branched off a few times and because there were two separate platforms.  Can't do much about there only being one platform, but the variety is still there.  If we get a remake next year, a 2D game in 2020, and a multiplayer game title in 2021, I suspect we never would have noticed.

Proof is really that none of us noticed they'd already been doing it for half for over half a decade until they pointed it out to us.

Yeah, if only people take a notice:
2011 Skyward Sword
2011 Ocarina of Time 3D
2013 Wind Waker HD
2014 Hyrule Warriors
2015 Tri Force Heroes
2015 Majora's Mask 3D
2016 Zelda Picross
2017 Breath of the Wild

ResilientFighter said:

That sounds horrible dont make zelda the next asscreed T_T

Adding skyward and twilight to the switch is great but other than that they should chill unless they remake the N64 games 

Too late:

2011 Skyward Sword
2011 Ocarina of Time 3D
2013 Wind Waker HD
2014 Hyrule Warriors
2015 Tri Force Heroes
2015 Majora's Mask 3D
2016 Zelda Picross
2017 Breath of the Wild

Around the Network

Well it makes sense, Nintendo with Zelda has so much potentail Zelda titles: new 3D Zelda, new 2D Top-Down Zelda, Zelda ports/remasters (OoT/MM 3D HD, WW/TP/SS HD, ALBW HD), and Zelda spinoff.

My prediction:

2019: 2D Top-Down Zelda or some Zelda port/remaster (maybe both)
2020: new 3D Zelda
2021: Zelda port/remaster or Hyrule Warriors 2
2022: Zelda port/remaster or Zelda spinoff or 2D Top/Down Zelda

Marth said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Too late:

2011 Skyward Sword
2011 Ocarina of Time 3D
2013 Wind Waker HD
2014 Hyrule Warriors
2015 Tri Force Heroes
2015 Majora's Mask 3D
2016 Zelda Picross
2017 Breath of the Wild

You can use the "Multi-Quote" feature to reply to all people at once. So no need for multiple posts.

There is a lot of Hyrule Warriors in that list.

Thank you for your advice but it doesn't change the fact that what Nintendo said is true and Hyrule Warriors was on 3 different systems, 3DS ver also is different than Wii U ver, Switch ver have all the contents from Wii U/3DS ver and some exclusive contents too.

Last edited by HoangNhatAnh - on 03 December 2018

zorg1000 said:
2013-Wind Waker HD/Link Between Worlds
2014-Hyrule Warriors
2015-Majora's Mask 3D/Triforce Heroes
2016-Twilight Princess HD/Warriors Legend
2017-Breath of the Wild
2018-Hyrule Warriors DX

There has been at least 1 Zelda game every year since 2013 so this isn't a surprise, either a Skyward Sword HD or new 2D entry is my guess.

Between this and VC releases, there was a reason why I called my WiiU 'The Zelda Machine'.

You could play every core Zelda title apart from Link between Worlds on the sytem.

Also, I really wanted a '3DS player' for WiiU, that would have been cool.

I need more DLC for BOTW and SSremake next year!

Switch!!!

I’d like skyward Sword HD so I can give it’s try
a port pack of TP/WW HD
Please for the love of god give me a Links Awakening Remake
A link to the past remake would be cool as well
I’d also really love a Turn based combat spin off, similar to super Mario legend of the seven stars