By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. December 2018 bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Tagged games:

Mar1217 said:
*PPPPFFFFTTTT* Smash may do something we've never seen before in years. Could it get the Top spot during it's launch day ?

How often do the yearly charts update?

Around the Network

Wow Smash!! And just on pre-orders, insane!

pikashoe said:
Mar1217 said:
*PPPPFFFFTTTT* Smash may do something we've never seen before in years. Could it get the Top spot during it's launch day ?

How often do the yearly charts update?

On a daily basis. Wanted to post the second spot too but got Ninja'ed

The gift cards are far down the drain in the hourlies, if Smash can keep that first spot for an extended amount of time after release then it could even conquer the top spot.

Is the Playstation Classic really that bad? I thought it would do better than this...

Shaqazooloo0 said:
Is the Playstation Classic really that bad? I thought it would do better than this...

I think it's doing disproportionately bad on Amazon compared to other sites. It's top sku on Best Buy and top 5 at Gamestop. Doesnt seem to be anywhere near the popularity of the NES/SNES devices upon their respective releases. Though maybe Sony shipped a lot more than Nintendo...

Around the Network
   CA FR   DE IT  JP  MX  ES   UK  US
SMP  4  93  2  5  11  5  6  8  8
PLGP  9  -  4  3  15  6  2  6  11
PLGE  22  -  6  17  18  26  7  14  21
SSBU  1 8628   1  8  1  1  1  1  1

Smash one day prior its release #1 but FR (wtf!!!) and IT. Mario Party still doing great after exactly two months from now (Happy 2-month Bday SMP!!). Pokemon doing fantastic too

nero said:
SMP  4  93  2  5  11  5  6  8  8
PLGP  9  -  4  3  15  6  2  6  11
PLGE  22  -  6  17  18  26  7  14  21
SSBU  1 8628   1  8  1  1  1  1  1

Smash one day prior its release #1 but FR (wtf!!!) and IT. Mario Party still doing great after exactly two months from now (Happy 2-month Bday SMP!!). Pokemon doing fantastic too

France make sense because of the Amazon Fr and Nintendo dispute. But Italy?!? That's odd...

SMASH IN THE SECOND PLACE OF THE YEARLY CHART. LET'S GO FOR THAT FIRST PLACE.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

Shaqazooloo0 said:

I think Fifth Generation games have aged poorly compared to the third and fourth generation. In addition, the nostalgia factor of the NES generation is very large and was a very important console for an industry that has been renovated due to it. Despite having sold less than PSone, the NES has a bigger story importance by really boosting the gaming market, while PSone has taken a lot more advantage of the incredible distribution network that Sony had to reach the global market, which already was thirsty for video games, just look at the number of NES clones that existed everywhere. These factors have to be considered, in addition the product of Nintendo is much more well done than that of Sony.

SMP  4  -  2  5  9  4  5  7  9
PLGP  9  -  4  3  13  9  3  6  12
PLGE  24  -  6  18  18  30  9  14  24
SSBU  1  -  1  6  1  1  1  1  1

moved two spots in IT. Will it all be #1 before launch?