By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NPD: U.S. video game spending up 24% to $9.1 billion in Q3 2018 led by xbone, and ps4

Acevil said:
flashfire926 said:

Last year, with November and December combined Switch was third place, if I recall correctly. Though all three did well.

This thread is about Q3 2018, and not about November and December.....

Depends on the context. 
Is it Q3 of the FY 2018 ending on March 31, 2019 or is it Q3 of the actual year?

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Acevil said:

Ohhh! All the talk is about Q4 right now so I assumed we would be talking about that. Why on Earth are we talking about Q3 as if it is noteworthy? 

Yea I'm  drugged up on nyquil when I posted this thread I thought it was talking about November sales.

PAOerfulone said:
Acevil said:

Depends on the context. 
Is it Q3 of the FY 2018 ending on March 31, 2019 or is it Q3 of the actual year?

It is in the article (July-Sept.)

Acevil said:
quickrick said:

NPD clearly  says growth for the quarter  for hardware was because the ps4/xbox  and plug and  play devices  with no mention of switch.

That didn't explain anything about the post you just made. Switch was last in Q3 last year? What? Also last this year? Your post makes no sense. I get you do not like Switch, but can you stop making shit up because you do not like Switch, please.

Sorry I made a mistake 

Ah. Can't believe I missed that...

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Acevil said:

That didn't explain anything about the post you just made. Switch was last in Q3 last year? What? Also last this year? Your post makes no sense. I get you do not like Switch, but can you stop making shit up because you do not like Switch, please.

Sorry I made a mistake 

That is fine, it is whatever to make mistake  and you owned up to it but seriously, tone down the dislike, and as much as you may act like you don't have it, it is apparent.

BraLoD said:
So XBX made the most buck, is that it?
What about hardware units?

I will answer this for you as well, since the last post was just trying to clarify the report's statement, Xbox experienced huge growth because last year it was sort of a dud, this is why it is heavy contributor to the growth compared to last year, however with that said it is still third place unit wise and most likely revenue wise as well, as Switch won July and August and PS4 won a lot in September with Switch was second. Xbox One is consistently third in most months and usually sees the most growth in November and December for a large chunk (due to serious amount of deals). 

Last edited by Acevil - on 30 November 2018

Acevil said:
flashfire926 said:

Last year, with November and December combined Switch was third place, if I recall correctly. Though all three did well.

"Switch was last in Q3 last year? What?"

I was replying this to this part. I thought you meant Q3 as in fiscal year Q3 and not calendar year Q3, so my mistake.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Acevil said:
quickrick said:

Sorry I made a mistake 

That is fine, it is whatever to make mistake  and you owned up to it but seriously, tone down the dislike, and as much as you may act like you don't have it, it is apparent.

I'm only discussing sales. I'm not shitting on switch or venture into other switch threads lately you guys take this too seriouslyit's just fun to me seeing who wins and gets the right prediction. 

flashfire926 said:
Acevil said:

"Switch was last in Q3 last year? What?"

I was replying this to this part. I thought you meant Q3 as in fiscal year Q3 and not calendar year Q3, so my mistake.

Ya, I was saying it in the context of this thread, all is good. I was confused myself, because of rick's statement.

quickrick said: 
Acevil said: 

I'm only discussing sales. I'm not shitting on switch or venture into other switch threads lately you guys take this too seriouslyit's just fun to me seeing who wins and gets the right prediction. 

Well, was just offering you advice, might help with you moderated standing on this site as well. Not up to me if you take it not.

Last edited by Acevil - on 30 November 2018