By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NPD: U.S. video game spending up 24% to $9.1 billion in Q3 2018 led by xbone, and ps4

KingofTrolls said:
When is the NPD for last mont

Tues, Dec 18 is the press release but hardware leaks usually come out the Thurs/Fri before that.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

Tues, Dec 18 is the press release but hardware leaks usually come out the Thurs/Fri before that.

cant come soon enough

I'm not a mind reader, but i can see OP isn't going to discuss further about the topic he posted here since it doesn't follow his narrative anymore about Switch being on the last place in the US Q4(Oct-Dec) .

I dont think switch will be in last place for December, but it will for November I think.

lmao how can someone post an article and not understand what the article is about before posting the article?

Around the Network
Baddman said:
lmao how can someone post an article and not understand what the article is about before posting the article?

It takes alot of skill.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Baddman said:

What can you expect from someone who thought Switch has a chance to be in the second place in this December despite the release of the biggest game with the most preorder for the system in that month. 

This certainly sheds an interesting light on the poor GameStop results released last week. Things are changing, and definitely not in their favor.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Baddman said:

What can you expect from someone who thought Switch has a chance to be in the second place in this December despite the release of the biggest game with the most preorder for the system in that month. 

i'm not sure whats gonna happen in december, i honestly think people are gonna be surprised. i never said i expect switch to come in second. 

Shadow1980 said:
DonFerrari said:
Flat/small decline isn't good on the second full year no matter how much excuses we do for it.

John2290 said:
Switch is flattening out. Hopefully this doesn't reflect holiday sales.

The fact that the Switch is flat is completely understandable. Growth doesn't happen on its own. There needs to be some factor to produce growth, and there has been nothing as of yet to drive any sort of sales growth for the Switch this year. The system still retails for its launch price of $300, there hasn't been a hardware revision, and there were no major software releases that were likely to move an appreciable amount of units. The latter factor is not an issue this quarter as Pokemon Let's Go and Smash are likely to produce significant YoY increases for holiday period sales. After the holidays? Sales will probably stay flat from this year unless there is a price cut or a major hardware revision.

Sure there are reasons for the lack of growth. And we I'm talking if that is over the whole year not only some Qs.

Since you keep data for most relevant consoles, do you remember one that where flat on the second full year and ended up a massive success? Because I'm pretty confident Switch will sell a lot, but this may be a sign of very early peak year while people are expecting Nintendo to keep Switch as current gen for as long as 6 or 7 years.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."