By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Venom Was Awesome!! Bring On Carnage!!!!

I saw it 2 weeks ago and didn't know what to expect but I actually thought it was pretty good too.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
KManX89 said:

Don't get TOO excited, it's gonna be PG-13.

Isn't that basically every comic book/superhero movie other than Deadpool?

Context is key.  You edited out the key difference between Carnage and every comic book/superhero other than Deadpool:

"Cletus Kasady, the guy who pushed his own grandma down the steps, drilled his mother's dog's brains out after trying to murder her by dropping a hairdryer in a bathtub, killed dozens of people during a long killing spree which included burning down an orphanage and then mutilates and rips people's guts out en masse just for fun"

Look at the Deadpool we got in the PG-13 rated "X-Men Origins: Wolverine".

I'm honestly mad at the box office success this movie got. It's objectively an awful movie. Not necessarily a non-enjoyable movie, but a poorly-made one. I laughed out loud multiple times when I saw it, but it's more of a The Room kind of enjoyment than the kind you get when you watch an actually good movie. It has a bad script, bad editing, bad CGI, bad lighting, bad acting, bad everything, and worse: it's a movie made with the sole purpose of making money from the people who like Marvel movies. It's a lesson on how not to make a movie. And yet it made 800 million dollars. I mean, after Bay's Transformers movies I don't have much faith on blockbusters being good anymore.

B O I

movie was awful for me but then venom just doesn't work without spiderman for me so meh

LuccaCardoso1 said:
I'm honestly mad at the box office success this movie got. It's objectively an awful movie. Not necessarily a non-enjoyable movie, but a poorly-made one. I laughed out loud multiple times when I saw it, but it's more of a The Room kind of enjoyment than the kind you get when you watch an actually good movie. It has a bad script, bad editing, bad CGI, bad lighting, bad acting, bad everything, and worse: it's a movie made with the sole purpose of making money from the people who like Marvel movies. It's a lesson on how not to make a movie. And yet it made 800 million dollars. I mean, after Bay's Transformers movies I don't have much faith on blockbusters being good anymore.

Lol gotta love the whole "My opinion is objectively right" people. Considering who wrote this nonsense Im not surprised.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
Baddman said:
movie was awful for me but then venom just doesn't work without spiderman for me so meh

A lot of people had that opinion but then were proven wrong. Looks like Venom does work without Spiderman. 

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

I quite liked it. Thought critics were too harsh.

alternine said:
Baddman said:

A lot of people had that opinion but then were proven wrong. Looks like Venom does work without Spiderman. 

proven wrong? ..its my opinion he doesn't work without spider man. Nowhere did I mention anything about other people. Saying this as a huge comic fan. If you can't handle that some didn't like it well you shouldn't have made a thread if you wanted an echo chamber.

alternine said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Lol gotta love the whole "My opinion is objectively right" people. Considering who wrote this nonsense Im not surprised.

No, no, I'm not saying that you're wrong for liking it. As I said, I can clearly see why someone would like it. But you can't say that it is a well-made movie because it's one of the worst-made blockbusters ever. That doesn't mean it's unenjoyable, it only means the production was a mess. That's not my opinion, that's a fact. No one's disputing the cinematic quality of Venom.

B O I

Baddman said:
alternine said:

proven wrong? ..its my opinion he doesn't work without spider man. Nowhere did I mention anything about other people. Saying this as a huge comic fan. If you can't handle that some didn't like it well you shouldn't have made a thread if you wanted an echo chamber.

I'm just stating a fact. A lot of people said what you did and admitted to being wrong after. 

- Max Payne 3