Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 10 November 2018

pikashoe said:
Damn ps4 and xbone are down massively yoy this week. Ps4 down by over 300k and xbone down over 600k. This November is going to be down severely on last year.

Makes sense given they’re five year old machines. Plus, in at least the case of the X1, the X released last year during this time.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 28 November 2018

                                                                                                             

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
Damn ps4 and xbone are down massively yoy this week. Ps4 down by over 300k and xbone down over 600k. This November is going to be down severely on last year.

Was this the week the 1X launched last year?

Or was it Call of Duty? Or both?



Zombie9ers said:
PS4 should be well over 100 million units sold by this time next year, and should be over 1,000,000,000 games sold by then as well. Such a phenomenal success - that's why I don't think they'll be hard pressed to release PS5. I think Holidays 2020 would be the earliest they release it.

How well the PS4 has sold wouldn't stop them from releasing the PS5 in early 2020 or late 2020. 

Especially when you consider that for the first year or two all PS5 games will probably also come to the PS4. Even if they are running at 720p/900p.

Don't forget. the money comes from selling games.



Megiddo said:
pikashoe said:
Damn ps4 and xbone are down massively yoy this week. Ps4 down by over 300k and xbone down over 600k. This November is going to be down severely on last year.

Was this the week the 1X launched last year?

Or was it Call of Duty? Or both?

I think the 1x was that week, cod was the week before.



Xbox will be down significantly this holiday, mainly because X launched last year, plus lackluster Black Friday deals in America although they had insane deals in Europe so it should be up a little over here this Black Friday but down WW as a whole.

Playstation keeps Playstationing, only thing preventing it from Ps2 numbers is Sony at this point not shipping enough at 199.99$ but business is business.

Last edited by SilenceDeadly - on 28 November 2018

Around the Network
Zombie9ers said:
PS4 should be well over 100 million units sold by this time next year, and should be over 1,000,000,000 games sold by then as well. Such a phenomenal success - that's why I don't think they'll be hard pressed to release PS5. I think Holidays 2020 would be the earliest they release it.

Game wise isnt it already past 880m ? That last 120m probably wont take another year to reach 1bn.

About what it hits 100m hw sold through.... hmm sometime next year, probably before holidays too.



SilenceDeadly said:
Xbox will be down significantly this holiday, mainly because X launched last year, plus lackluster Black Friday deals on America although they had insane deals on Europe so it should be up a little over here this Black Friday but down WW as a whole.

Playstation keeps Playstationing, only thing preventing it from Ps2 numbers is Sony at this point not shipping enough at 199.99$ but business is business.

What do you want them to do? Sell the XB1s for $150 with a game?

What saved MS last year was the launch of the XB1X.



JRPGfan said:
Zombie9ers said:
PS4 should be well over 100 million units sold by this time next year, and should be over 1,000,000,000 games sold by then as well. Such a phenomenal success - that's why I don't think they'll be hard pressed to release PS5. I think Holidays 2020 would be the earliest they release it.

Game wise isnt it already past 880m ? That last 120m probably wont take another year to reach 1bn.

About what it hits 100m hw sold through.... hmm sometime next year, probably before holidays too.

Guys do you realise that PS4 will become the 2nd best home selling console of all time behind PS2 next year ?



And 2017 is behind 2018 again in total sales. Pretty bad numbers all around for the second week of november.



Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
And 2017 is behind 2018 again in total sales. Pretty bad numbers all around for the second week of november.

At least Nintendo is destroying their BF week numbers from last year.