By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 10 November 2018

I'm expecting switch to be 550-600k next week. Japan we already know is 200k, North America I think should be similar with 200k, Europe 150k, RoW 50k.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
Marth said:
Is Pokemon next week or the week after?

Next week.

Japan is more or less 23% of the total market, but they are much more hysterical than other countries about Pokemon. If they have been for 30% of the sales this time during the PLG boost, this could make a nice 650.000+ worldwide

The first signs of Xmas season coming. Good sales overall, very good PS4 that increases its lead, both weekly and LTD.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

pikashoe said:
I'm expecting switch to be 550-600k next week. Japan we already know is 200k, North America I think should be similar with 200k, Europe 150k, RoW 50k.

Will next week be the first week the ps4 wasn't the top seller WW this year? 

Kerotan said:
pikashoe said:

There was a few weeks where Switch was number one, namely for a month when octopath came out(unless adjustments changed that). 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
I think adjustments will be made.

Yes, I would not be surprised if there is more PS4 sold in reality.

MasonADC said:
Kerotan said:

There was a few weeks where Switch was number one, namely for a month when octopath came out(unless adjustments changed that). 

I must have a look. 

EDIT: I just checked. Yeah 2 weeks around Octopath Switch was on top. I wonder if the PS4 has won every week of the year in terms of Software sold? 

Mar1217 said: 

yeah every quarterly results this year from sony ps4 was adjusted up on here so you are probably right. 

Last edited by Kerotan - on 28 November 2018

Kerotan said:
Mar1217 said: 

yeah every quarterly results this year from sony ps4 was adjusted up on here so you are probably right. 

Make sense.

Zombie9ers said:
JRPGfan said:

Game wise isnt it already past 880m ? That last 120m probably wont take another year to reach 1bn.

About what it hits 100m hw sold through.... hmm sometime next year, probably before holidays too.

I thought it was around 770 as of last report (september) - have they released additional numbers since?

777.9 million units of games ( june)
+75.1 million additional games between June and September

= 853 million by end of September

in october.... they did.... I cant remember exactly, but I remember seeing the 880m number somewhere I think.

Point is 770m units of games sold was long ago (if you saw it resently in some report, its because sony is useing old numbers).
They are around or just over 10,2 games pr system sold.

source:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps4-software-attach-ratio-is-almost-10-games-per-console.81154/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-quarterly-results-july-sep-2018-ps4-3-9-million.77799/
https://www.resetera.com/threads/5-years-of-ps4-sony-celebrates-sharing-consoles-statistics-and-announcing-a-new-bundle.81141/#post-15009256

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4857/30946310447_fd99127d7d_h.jpg

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 28 November 2018

CGI-Quality said:
Qwark said:
And 2017 is behind 2018 again in total sales. Pretty bad numbers all around for the second week of november.

There will likely be adjustments, but even if there are not, remember that we are five years into the lives of two of these machines. November or not, they aren't going to continue to sell at those same rates.

Kerotan said: 

Benji is not npd and he's already admitted his numbers could be well off. 

Ultimately why I don't get the weight put behind his words. Without the data, he is simply guessing. He's been right before, sure, but he has also been wrong before. Others, like Zhuge, are my go-to people for numbers. 

As they say; even a broken clock is right twice a day.