By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games You Love But Didn't Think You Would?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
This is always a nice surprise, and far better the the opposite :P

The first Killzone comes to mind. I actually played it just to get ready for 2, which was critically acclaimed. I ended up loving the poorly rated one.

remember the level with the cherry blossom trees :D

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 8. JRPG's were never my thing... And that title along with Lufia 2 are the only JRPG's I have ever completed.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

ARMS

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest. I'm completely hooked. I'm stuck on the final mission because my party ist too small, so I'm currently replaying the entire game just to have some more tanks, and I'm loving it so much. I'm totally addicted! Now I want to play the other two episodes of Fates as well and I already bought Fire Emblem: Echoes.

Other examples would be AssCreed IV and Mario+Rabbids. I rented them from my brother and expected nothing good, but I actually enjoyed both quite a lot.

Mass effect... I dont waiting nothing but an space normal game and then... Top 5 of my favorite sagas!

In Sony We Trust!

Around the Network

I wanted to see what was the big deal about this game and I thought the first-person perspective would make me feel dizzy...but the game completely blowed me away.

The quality that that has, the level design that that has, the atmosphere that that has, the environmental story-telling that that has  

Super_Boom said:

This is pretty interesting, I saw the trailer and thought the graphics looked pretty lame, but I thought the in-town part with Historia looked really nice. Is there a relationship or community system in the game? What kind of flaws does it have? I enjoy the manga/anime and so I can probably forgive some flaws if the fanservice is nice.

Calm down, calm down.

Definitely Mario + Rabbids for me, I remember thinking "WTF is this?!" when the first trailer was shown. Turned out to be one of my faves on the Switch

Call of Duty: WW2

Last year I kinda was in the mood for playing a campaign in WW2 in a shooter. So I got myself CoD. I never intended to try out the multiplayer, because normally I hate online shooters. But for some reason I gave it a chance and I got totally hooked. I played nothing else for 3 months or so. I don't know why I enjoyed it so much. But because I had so much fun, I even got the new CoD from this year. Played that one for two hours, never touched it again. Something about WW2 just felt right. Although I'm sure it has much to do with the War mode. That gamemode was just friggin' amazing! Sledgehammer Games is totally underrated in my book.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Why would I play things that I don't expect to enjoy?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.