By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best looking consoles

My Yoshi 3DS, it's so cute!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Something that caught my eye because of this thread.

Launch - one matte, one gloss, chrome accents on both.

Slim - gloss and matte flip brands and PS drops chrome accent.

Launch - gloss and matte mix with sectional designs for both

Slim - white matte with black accents on both and PS drops sectional design.

Both brands consoles were opposite or copying/influencing each other as last gen went on in some ways, and this gen ended up much more similar in terms of luster, colors, and some design cues.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 25 November 2018

pokoko said:

I came here to post this as well.

Second place would be the OG PS4. Although all models look good and sleek, the original looks best.

An honorable mention to the silver GameCube. Really loved that one.

Last edited by Hynad - on 25 November 2018

Signalstar said:

OG PS3 Fat. It's only design flaw is how heavy it is. Big is beautiful. It looks like a luxury item because it is a luxury item!

Looked like a George Foreman Grill to me.

Yerm said:

SNES, 4/10 - a bit worse than the NES. it looks way too mechanical and more like a cassette player than a game console

Keep in mind that there were a couple of variants to the Super Nintendo depending on Region.

I have to say, I prefer the consoles we got here (PAL SNES). They just look less "old" and boxy than the NTSC SNES.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Personally, I have a real soft spot for the PAL/JP SNES, its a really nice balance of looking cool but not overstated, simple yet not boring, approachable yet still like a quality piece of hardware.

The SNES Slim/Jr is also a contender, it's just so darn cute

Last but certainly not least, I absolutely love the look of the original fat PS3. With its sleek, curved shell, shiny black finish and chrome trim, it really look like a product from the future.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 November 2018

I really liked the look of the Dreamcast. Probably my fav.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Signalstar said:

OG PS3 Fat. It's only design flaw is how heavy it is. Big is beautiful. It looks like a luxury item because it is a luxury item!

You even needed two jobs to be able to buy it! :p

OT: My favorites are the PS2 slim (especially the silver version) and the PS3 Fat.

EricHiggin said:

Both brands consoles were opposite or copying/influencing each other as last gen went on in some ways, and this gen ended up much more similar in terms of luster, colors, and some design cues.

PS4 Slim has black colour as default though. I think white version is pretty rare. Which is a shame as it looks really better in white. I wish I could find it in white.

- 3DS XL Pokemon LE

- PS Vita

- SNES Pal / Jp. The US SNES is incredibly ugly.

- Dreamcast

- PS4 1200 MGS5 LE

- PS4 Pro Monster Hunter World LE