By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - After 10 days, Fallout 76 already heavily discounted.

BraLoD said:
jason1637 said:
I'll be free by the end of the year.

Still too expensive.

QA testers get paid to play after all.

Last edited by ArchangelMadzz - on 25 November 2018

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

This definitely was a game no one wanted. It's poor content and gameplay has also had the added benefit of making people actually focus on the glitches, as well. Hopefully that will stop people from giving the next Elder Scrolls 9s and 10s, completely ignoring the buggy mess it is, when they wouldn't ignore those things in a non-Bethesda game.

BFV launched later and was $25 at some places for Black Friday.

I’d easily buy at $40, hell $60, game looks great. Want to finish RDR first though.

thismeintiel said:
This definitely was a game no one wanted. It's poor content and gameplay has also had the added benefit of making people actually focus on the glitches, as well. Hopefully that will stop people from giving the next Elder Scrolls 9s and 10s, completely ignoring the buggy mess it is, when they wouldn't ignore those things in a non-Bethesda game.

No one ignores it.  All the reviews I read for Fallout 4 mentioned bugs the writer ran into.  I'm pretty sure they did the same for Skyrim.  You mean "but they gave it a good score anyway" instead of ignored?  Get over it.  Most writers probably never ran into serious bugs.  If they gave it a good score then that means the fun they had playing exceeded the negatives.  

pokoko said:
thismeintiel said:

No one ignores it.  All the reviews I read for Fallout 4 mentioned bugs the writer ran into.  I'm pretty sure they did the same for Skyrim.  You mean "but they gave it a good score anyway" instead of ignored?  Get over it.  Most writers probably never ran into serious bugs.  If they gave it a good score then that means the fun they had playing exceeded the negatives.  

Get over it, huh?  Nah, I think I will continue to point out hypocrisy where I see it.  When someone allows "fun" to override an objective look at a game, I can no longer take them seriously as a reviewer.  Of course, I think it has a little more to do with it than just "fun."  Read $$$.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I'm happy that finally after years the industry is making Bethesda stand trial for their awfully buggy and poorly put together games.

Stop being melodramatic.  There is no "on trial," that's just your projection.  The next Elder Scrolls is going to sell millions of copies.  People just didn't want this particular game that isn't even made by the same studio.  

You can certainly get/earn a reputation and it might not impact short term, but the more you play to that reputation the worse it gets for you as a company and it *will* impact sales long term.

If Bethesda keep releasing games that are falling behind technically, design wise and buggy, then unfortunately they will lose sales and they will get less sales. Imagine the sales of the next Elder Scrolls if its using the same engine with the same issues, and a Spiderman or horizon or Red dead engine... there is no doubt it will impact the sales in millions.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

thismeintiel said:
pokoko said:

Get over it, huh?  Nah, I think I will continue to point out hypocrisy where I see it.  When someone allows "fun" to override an objective look at a game, I can no longer take them seriously as a reviewer.  Of course, I think it has a little more to do with it than just "fun."  Read $$$.

Right, like "fun" isn't kind of important when it comes to videogames.  You're totally right, game reviews should just be based around technical merits.  "Fun" shouldn't matter.  

The funny thing is, when someone no longer credits how much "fun" a game is, I can no longer take them seriously as a reviewer.  That's kind of why I play games to start with so it's rather important to me.  I know people really like to whine about review scores but I don't think I've ever heard anyone try to claim that enjoyment isn't an important aspect. 

pokoko said:
thismeintiel said:

Right, like "fun" isn't kind of important when it comes to videogames.  You're totally right, game reviews should just be based around technical merits.  "Fun" shouldn't matter.  

The funny thing is, when someone no longer credits how much "fun" a game is, I can no longer take them seriously as a reviewer.  That's kind of why I play games to start with so it's rather important to me.  I know people really like to whine about review scores but I don't think I've ever heard anyone try to claim that enjoyment isn't an important aspect. 

Hmm.  Was that what I said?  Nope.  I guess the quotations weren't enough to get the point across.  Oh well.

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 25 November 2018

pokoko said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I'm happy that finally after years the industry is making Bethesda stand trial for their awfully buggy and poorly put together games.

Stop being melodramatic.  There is no "on trial," that's just your projection.  The next Elder Scrolls is going to sell millions of copies.  People just didn't want this particular game that isn't even made by the same studio.  

True, most people don't really care about the bugs while enjoying the gameplay but this product sadly lacked in that department as well and yes the next Elder Scrolls will most likely sell plenty .

Edit: I also want to support what you said about the fun factor of games and it should indeed be the main focus high above minor bugs,i wont say taking them in consideration is not important but it could be handled a bit more lightly.

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 25 November 2018

this game is a strange one, loads of people either seem to be super fast to jump to its defence or jump on negative news about it and attack it.... neither party seem to come off like people who've actually played the game, just those who have an opinion of it.

I've not played it but based on what I've seen about it that's just because it doesnt appear to be my cup of tea, if there are people who wanna play this sort of "make your own fun" type of game then power to them, I've got my fix of that from Minecraft and when I want to visit the Fallout world it will either be in the forms of my GOTY copies of 3 and 4 for the X360 and Ps4. Shame this one wasn't along those lines but again... if there is a market for it, I don't hold it against bethesda for creating the game. Just hope they don't go fully down this path and that Fallout 5 is something that will come maybe next generation. Always worry that a spin off title will be as successful as something like WoW which 14 years ago killed the possibility of Warcraft 4 ever being a thing.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive