By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Company: Let's Go sold 3 million in first 3 days

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Kerotan said:
Very similar numbers to God of war. Yeah just checked it, GOW sold 3.1m to consumers after 3 days and this did 3m shipped after 3. So both in the same ball park.

And it only around 80 million PS4s for that to happen 

LOL. Kerotan needs so many words to make it look less exceptional, and you destroy it in one sentence. Nice.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
vivster said:
Imagine what it'll be if they make a real Pokemon game on the Switch.

Well, how could they have known? It's not like anyone requested a mainline Pokemon game for a home console before, ever.

Mnementh said:

LOL. Kerotan needs so many words to make it look less exceptional, and you destroy it in one sentence. Nice.

wow that guy sure got a lot of shit for saying something nice...

Nautilus said:
Oh, and this is sold-through if Im not mistaken.I think I have read that somewhere.Which makes the number even more impressive, given that sold in numbers must be closer to 5 millions or so.

the tweet this news is based on makes no mention on whether or not this is sold-through, but it thanks the players that made it possible

btw it misspelled "Switch" :P

Lafiel said:
Nautilus said:
Oh, and this is sold-through if Im not mistaken.I think I have read that somewhere.Which makes the number even more impressive, given that sold in numbers must be closer to 5 millions or so.

the tweet this news is based on makes no mention on whether or not this is sold-through, but it thanks the players that made it possible

btw it misspelled "Switch" :P

lol

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Very good stuff to see. I am glad it does well in Europe.

BraLoD said:
And it feels like a free to play mobile game... wait, it is xP
People should have saved their money for the real pokemon next year, but for each their own.

Oh no guys! Bralod says it feels like a f2p mobile game! Better save our money for 2019! He must have spent hours in the game already to make this conclusion. 

Not that the 81 meta score it had matters or anything. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
BraLoD said:
People should have saved their money for the real pokemon next year, but for each their own.

Oh no guys! Bralod says it feels like a f2p mobile game! Better save our money for 2019! He must have spent hours in the game already to make this conclusion. 

Not that the 81 meta score it had matters or anything. 

Now that you mention MC, I believe Pokemon Let's Go has a higher MC score than LoD.

Mnementh said:

Well,to be fair there are 80 million PS4s out there because there are 10x the amount of competitive great selling games per year in PS4 compared to Switch, so install base, as repeated again and again don't mean a game will sell more automatically. When you have 80M consoles, yes game A have more people to sell it, but there is game B, game C, ....We know this happend with Wii games too, games from 2007-2009 sold way more than games from 2010-2012 despite being twice the install base.

On topic: Great result by Let's Go. I expected around 10M sold by the end of the year, and seeing this numbers it probably will come true. It will have long legs too, at least until next Pokemon game next year. And by the way I want to add that Gen 1 of Pokemon is still the best after all this years....XD.

Jranation said:
BraLoD said:

Oh no guys! Bralod says it feels like a f2p mobile game!

Well Pokemon Go does infact exist. :L