Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U - 6 YEARS CELEBRATION!

Darwinianevolution said:
Happy Birthday, WiiU. You will be remembered as the last major console with free online.

That's a good point

Around the Network

Congrats. :)
Still playing it and trying to bring a nice collection together!

village boy learns to jump.

mZuzek said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Happy Birthday, WiiU. You will be remembered as the last major console with free online.

Technically that would be the Switch, since it had free online for about a year and a half.

Not really, the online was planned from the start, the free period was just a trial.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm still surprised how low it sold. It should at least be above the Vita ..

I think it's quite obvious it would've surpassed the Vita if Nintendo gave it more time on the spotlight. You know, if BotW actually released as a Wii U exclusive, and all that stuff.

...yeah, they probably made the right choice lol.

Darwinianevolution said:
mZuzek said:

Technically that would be the Switch, since it had free online for about a year and a half.

Not really, the online was planned from the start, the free period was just a trial.

I wouldn't call it a trial at all. A trial is what you get for a service that already exists. Buying a Xbox One and playing online for one month is a trial for Xbox Live. Buying a Switch today and playing online for a week (lol) is a trial for Nintendo Switch Online, even if this crap can barely be called a service to begin with.

For the first year and a half, there was no service or anything, it was just free online, even if it was always planned to end eventually.

RolStoppable said:
I'm still surprised how low it sold. It should at least be above the Vita ..

Go back under your bridge.

I'm just expressing that for as many great games as it has I'm surprised it didn't at least sell that much, I'm not trying to troll at all 

Around the Network

I'm just expressing that for as many great games as it has I'm surprised it didn't at least sell that much, I'm not trying to troll at all 

Have you not noticed how picky Nintendo consumers are?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Jokes on you people ! I'm still playing it ! Gotta do my playthrough of Xeno X and Breath of the Wild :)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

There are several Wii U games that I like, but overall I found the console disappointing. Then again, I've found even fewer PS4 games that I like, which makes it more disappointing. Really every console released during 2011-2013 has been disappointing.

My Wii u collection is honestly pretty solid all things considered. Compare it to other failed systems like the neo Geo pocket colour, Saturn, Vita ect and it has a decent library but at the same time I feel like I'm honestly pretty close to completing my Wii u library in regards to collecting for it

Small library, with a few gems.

This is what I ll remember Wii U for (the good parts):

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Citizens of Earth
Xenoblade Chronicles X
New Super Mario Bros. U
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Rayman Legends
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 1+2
Super Mario 3D World (even if it was a meh 3D mario game)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (late release)