By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 46 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 12-18, 2018

Certainly the higher end of what i expected which was around 150k

Around the Network

Supply constrained

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Supply constrained

The PS4? or the Switch? or both?

JRPGfan said:
kirby007 said:
Supply constrained

The PS4? or the Switch? or both?

Switch bundles and most likely pro aswell

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

800k-1m???? That would only be 3-3.2 million for the whole year when last year did 3.3 million.

If Switch sells 200k every single week for the rest of the year it ends up at 3.5 million. Are you expecting it to sell 200k next week?

Maybe next week will not be 200k but after that probably evry single week will be 200k+, we could easily have 300k+ weeks also in December.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Megiddo said:

If Switch sells 200k every single week for the rest of the year it ends up at 3.5 million. Are you expecting it to sell 200k next week?

Maybe next week will not be 200k but after that probably evry single week will be 200k+, we could easily have 300k+ weeks also in December.

I'm not sure how that could be "easy". If anything would have been "easy" to reach those numbers it'd be this week's sales where the two big holiday bundles launched.

This seems like blind optimism like how Labo was treated.

Megiddo said:
Miyamotoo said:

I'm not sure how that could be "easy". If anything would have been "easy" to reach those numbers it'd be this week's sales where the two big holiday bundles launched.

Smash Bros week sales will be above 300k.

Now you've brought Labo up, I'll be glad when the holidays are over and we can say Labo failed without people going "But but... most of it's sales will come from the holidays!"

Barkley said:
Megiddo said:

Ooh, will this be my first avatar bet?

Megiddo said:
Barkley said:

Just a heads up, last year week before Christmas Switch sold 270k.

Another 10% on top of that during Smash-frenzy certainly is not out of possibility.

Mbolibombo said:
Megiddo said:

Just a heads up, last year week before Christmas Switch sold 270k.

Another 10% on top of that during Smash-frenzy certainly is not out of possibility.

Correct, that's Christmas week. If it was Smash + Christmas there'd be no way I'd take that bet.

However after Pokemon + Smash bundle achieved 200k, seeing 100k increase from Smash alone is quite a stretch.